Judder when playback HD videos
Hello,

I have a issue with the xbmc (xbmc 9.11, Ubuntu 9.10) when I playback HD the videos judders. On the following setups the videos are working fine:
  • Windows XP – xbmc 9.11
  • xbmc live 9.11
  • vlc on ubuntu 9.10
What I did so far without success:
  • Tested a lot of settings with xbmc
  • used the xorg.conf from the working xbmc live.
  • Switched off all visual effects of from gnome desktop (This helped a lot for a different playback issue!).
Now I am running out of ideas. Can anyone can give me a hint?
Thanks for your help.
Cons
Hm, anyone with a hint?

Is it worth to install Xubuntu and test it there?
Add this to your xorg.conf:
Code:
Section "Extensions"
    Option         "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection
Hello bobo1on1,
thank you for your answer. Maybe it helped a little but it is sill not so perfect as with Windows XP – xbmc 9.11 or xbmc live 9.11.
Some more hints?

Thanks Cons
could you also give us some hints about your hardware? might be helpful...
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_submi...Bug_Report
@bobo1on1:
doesn't work for me.
seems that it doesn't have something to do about using the GPU for video decoding.
Hello Hannes The Hun and althekiller,
thank you for your replay. Here some more data of my setup:
4GB Ram, AMD Phenom II X4 905e, 4x 2.50GHz, nVIDIA GeForce 8200 (onboard, shared mem), (xbmc 9.11, Ubuntu 9.10) .
The log is aviable here:
http://pastebin.com/m6bf9f8ce
The video is 1080i H.264 5.1.
Please let me know if additional informations are required.

Cheers, Cons

By the way: I am using xbmc for years. It was excellent and still getting better and better...
Looks like VDPAU is failing somehow. Did you already try different nVidia drivers?
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
exactly, instead of NVIDIA 185.18.36 you should install the driver that comes with 9.11 live
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hi,
it woks. My videos are running now very smooth.
Thanks a lot!!

So if anyone is interested how to change the driver, here a short info how I changed it (It is very straight forward.)
I was running GL_VERSION = 3.0.0 NVIDIA 185.18.36. Can be found by the xbmc log.
Now I am running GL_VERSION = 3.2.0 NVIDIA 190.53 like the xbmc live
I got the new driver from
http://de.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Li...3-pkg1.run
(I do not now if there is a 64 bit version, Maybe it is worth to make a copy of /etc/X11/xorg.conf).

So I switched to a console (control + alt + 1), kiked the x server ( sudo /etc/init.d/gdm stop ) and run the script ( sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-190.53-pkg1.run ). Behind a reboot all is working fine.

Regards
Cons

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Judder when playback HD videos0