Apple remote doesn´t work in ATV (9.11)
After install Camelot in a ATV (3.1) i have a problem.

When I start the ATV (play button), the menu automatically appears XBMC and the Apple Remote does not work (you can hear the click but the menu does not work). How do I get the boot menu appears when I start the ATV?
THANKS
Thumbs Down 
chelona Wrote:After install Camelot in a ATV (3.1) i have a problem.

When I start the ATV (play button), the menu automatically appears XBMC and the Apple Remote does not work (you can hear the click but the menu does not work). How do I get the boot menu appears when I start the ATV?
THANKS

Hi,

I get the same problem. Does not matter if i'm using my Harmony 885 or AppleTV remote.

I have found that a power cycle solves it for the next while. It seems to happen more when i've put the ATV into exit (standby) mode. Then when I start it again, the remote works in ATV, but not XBMC.

This last time, I changed some of the settings for remote to not allow start of XBMC & also no keyboard entry. Not notied anything so far.

Thanks.
Hey chelona,

chelona Wrote:When I start the ATV (play button), the menu automatically appears XBMC and the Apple Remote does not work (you can hear the click but the menu does not work).
You say when you start your ATV, it directly boots into XBMC? So you played with MultiFinder? Mind posting xbmc.log and console.log?

chelona Wrote:How do I get the boot menu appears when I start the ATV?
If you mean the recovery menu, you'll need to hold Menu+ Minus during boot.

HTH,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
MontyAus Wrote:Hi,

I get the same problem. Does not matter if i'm using my Harmony 885 or AppleTV remote.

I have found that a power cycle solves it for the next while. It seems to happen more when i've put the ATV into exit (standby) mode. Then when I start it again, the remote works in ATV, but not XBMC.

This last time, I changed some of the settings for remote to not allow start of XBMC & also no keyboard entry. Not notied anything so far.

Thanks.

ATV version?
XBMC version?
Mind posting console.log, xbmc.log?

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Rainbow 
MaestroDD Wrote:ATV version?
XBMC version?
Mind posting console.log, xbmc.log?

Hi Maestro,

I had aTV 2.4, xbmc 9.11 & launcher 3.2.1. (harmony 855).

Yesterday I updated aTV to 3.0, then reinstalled 3.2.1 & xbmc 9.11 & it seems ok now.

I was seeing some strange behaviour with the 2.4 & 3.2.1/9.11 setup where the remote would cut-out once i've quit xbmc & returned to frontrow.

This would typically be like the following:
1. watch movie.
2. exit xbmc (back to FR).
3. set aTV to standby. go to bed.
4. Next morning, switch on, start xbmc (so remote is working at this point).
5. xbmc loads, no remote, but clicking sounds when I navigate on remote. LED was orange.
6. pull plug & reboot. All is fine (until next standby).

Hope this helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple remote doesn´t work in ATV (9.11)0