XBMC 9.11 continuously crash in Mac Mini with Snow Leopard
Hi,

I'm new to this forum because I'm a Plex user from a year ago, and now I wanted to try XBMC as it looks amazing. I previously tested previous XBMC releases, and just overwritten it today with 9.11 release.

Right after updating the library, after closing and reopening XBMC, it has started to crash, hanging with a message while updating the library. I have tried reading the forum, to delete "MyVideos34.db". After it, it worked ok, but I had to rebuild all the library again, so I tried to copy MyVideos34.db again, and try to reach the setup page, export the library, reset it, and import it again, to try to recover it, but it keeps crashing.

This is very annoying and I would like to know if it is usual to lose the library, as with Plex I never had problems with it. Just to be sure before moving to XBMC, because I'm worried about having to rebuild from time to time a library with hundreds of movies. I love the new interface and ability to play original DVDs, a thing that cannot be done in Plex.

Thank you and regards,
Almarma
Almarma Wrote:Hi,

I'm new to this forum because I'm a Plex user from a year ago, and now I wanted to try XBMC as it looks amazing. I previously tested previous XBMC releases, and just overwritten it today with 9.11 release.

Right after updating the library, after closing and reopening XBMC, it has started to crash, hanging with a message while updating the library. I have tried reading the forum, to delete "MyVideos34.db". After it, it worked ok, but I had to rebuild all the library again, so I tried to copy MyVideos34.db again, and try to reach the setup page, export the library, reset it, and import it again, to try to recover it, but it keeps crashing.

This is very annoying and I would like to know if it is usual to lose the library, as with Plex I never had problems with it. Just to be sure before moving to XBMC, because I'm worried about having to rebuild from time to time a library with hundreds of movies. I love the new interface and ability to play original DVDs, a thing that cannot be done in Plex.

Thank you and regards,
Almarma

XBMC and Plex uses incompatible MyVideos34.db files. Export MyVideos34.db from Plex, import into XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 9.11 continuously crash in Mac Mini with Snow Leopard0