lirc/harmony help!
Up until now I have been using a xbox dvd remote and dongle on my ubuntu XBMC system. i just got a Harmony One, and want to use it instead. I was easily able to replicate the xbox remote, but I want to do more. I found this guide: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=39173 which looks easy enough, but I can't get the extra buttons to work.

Even if I run IRW, the extra button presses just don't register. I think maybe I need to put some more entries into my lircd.conf, but I can't figure out what to add. Can anyone help?

This is what I am trying to add to my keymap.xml:

Code:
<universalremote>
    <obc5>XBMC.Reset</obc5>
    <obc58>XBMC.ShutDown</obc58>
    <obc90>XBMC.ReplaceWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles,return)</obc90>
    <obc118>XBMC.ReplaceWindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowtitles,return)</obc118>
    <obc83>XBMC.ReplaceWindow(music)</obc83>
    <obc117>XBMC.ReplaceWindow(pictures)</obc117>    
    <obc176>XBMC.ReplaceWindow(filemanager)</obc176>
    <obc71>XBMC.ReplaceWindow(ShutdownMenu)</obc71>    
    <obc80>XBMC.Takescreenshot</obc80>
    <obc144>XBMC.updatelibrary(video)</obc144>
    <obc64>XBMC.EjectTray()</obc64>
    </universalremote>
Can anyone help? I'm struggling to wrap my head around lirc and how it is configured.
Hi,

Not sure how much help this will be but check out the following two threads:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47922
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45972

You are going in the right direction by switching to the 'universalremote' rather than the 'standardremote' but you also need to make sure that you aren't constraining yourself by using the original mceusb lirc profile since that limits the buttons you have available. The first thread above talks about switching from the MCE remote to a PVR based one and using a different lirc profile etc.

Note I haven't actually gotten round to testing this yet, it's next on my list of projects Smile As it is I got my Harmony working originally using mceusb and mapped some of the extra buttons such as 'red', 'green', 'blue' to specific actions like you had listed in your sample. It's good but not enough buttons!
Can you configure the Harmony to send keystrokes? Then you can build the SVN version of XBMC that has enhanced keystroke support.

JR
What you need is the "mode2" command and not "irw." This is so you can see what "0x" codes that your remote is outputting. Then they can be added to the lircd.conf file for you to assign different functions from the lircmap.xml. the lircdmap.xml would need to be updated for additional functions from the Keymap.xml file.

Tip: The XBOX DVD Dongle uses the RCA code library. So, you can tinker around with different devices in the Harmony library that will get you more functions to get the "0x" codes from. Altogether I got about 50-60 distinct "0x" codes

This thread may be of help:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=mode2
Marbieskarb Wrote:What you need is the "mode2" command and not "irw." This is so you can see what "0x" codes that your remote is outputting. Then they can be added to the lircd.conf file for you to assign different functions from the lircmap.xml. the lircdmap.xml would need to be updated for additional functions from the Keymap.xml file.

Tip: The XBOX DVD Dongle uses the RCA code library. So, you can tinker around with different devices in the Harmony library that will get you more functions to get the "0x" codes from. Altogether I got about 50-60 distinct "0x" codes

This thread may be of help:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=mode2

Marbieskarb, would you mind posting your Lircmap.xml, and lird.conf files?

I'm using a Harmony 880 remote. I've got the basic xbox remote buttons mapped, and a few extra ones. I'm trying to get additional functions mapped, like XBMC.ShutDown(), but I can't figure out how to get obc# codes that are necessary (I've scoured the forums, which have been helpful).

In the xbmc logs file, I'm only getting the obc codes for the default xbox remote buttons, and a few extra ones. They're not displayed for the extra buttons I've added. I get response from all the buttons via irw, and raw mode2.

Here's my Lircmap.xml file in progress:
Code:
    <remote device="XboxDVDDongle">
        <play>PLAY</play>
        <pause>PAUSE</pause>
        <stop>STOP</stop>
              <record>REC</record>
        <forward>FORWARD</forward>
        <reverse>REVERSE</reverse>
        <left>LEFT</left>
        <right>RIGHT</right>
        <up>UP</up>
        <down>DOWN</down>
        <select>SELECT</select>
        <back>BACK</back>
        <menu>MENU</menu>
        <title>TITLE</title>
        <info>INFO</info>
        <skipplus>SKIP+</skipplus>
        <skipminus>SKIP-</skipminus>
        <display>DISPLAY</display>
              <pageplus>PGUP</pageplus>
        <pageminus>PGDN</pageminus>
              <myvideo>MYVIDEOS</myvideo>
        <one>1</one>
        <two>2</two>
        <three>3</three>
        <four>4</four>
        <five>5</five>
        <six>6</six>
        <seven>7</seven>
        <eight>8</eight>
        <nine>9</nine>
        <zero>0</zero>
    </remote>

My lircd.conf file
Code:
#
# LIRCD configuration file for Xbox DVD Kit
#
# Marko Friedemann <mfr|bmx-chemnitz.de>
#
#
# brand:             Microsoft
# model:             Xbox DVD Remote
# supported devices: Xbox DVD Remote via xpad-ir driver
#
# comment:           EXPERIMENTAL
#

begin remote

name  XboxDVDDongle
    bits           8

begin codes

SELECT         0x0b
       UP              0xa6
        DOWN           0xa7
       RIGHT           0xa8
        LEFT           0xa9
       INFO            0xc3

9              0xc6
       8               0xc7
        7              0xc8
       6               0xc9
        5              0xca
       4               0xcb
        3              0xcc
       2               0xcd
        1              0xce
       0               0xcf

DISPLAY                0xd5
       BACK            0xd8
       SKIP-          0xdd
       SKIP+           0xdf
       STOP           0xe0
       REVERSE         0xe2
       FORWARD                0xe3
       TITLE           0xf7
       PAUSE          0xe6
       PLAY            0xea
       PGUP           0xb8
    PGDN           0xc5
       RESTART        0xa5
       SHUTDOWN       0xac
       TV             0x8a
       MOVIES         0xe5
       MYVIDEOS       0xc4
       SETTINGS       0xbf
       UPDATELIB      0x6f
       SDMENU         0x7f
       REC            0xe8

end codes

end remote

Log file
Code:
23:00:32 T:3078674320 M:1440387072   DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 99173:000000000000007f 00 SDMENU XboxDVDDongle (SDMENU)
23:00:33 T:3078674320 M:1440395264   DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 99967:000000000000007f 00 SDMENU XboxDVDDongle (SDMENU)
23:00:34 T:3078674320 M:1440395264   DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 101009:000000000000007f 00 SDMENU XboxDVDDongle (SDMENU)
23:00:36 T:3078674320 M:1440395264   DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 103055:000000000000006f 00 UPDATELIB XboxDVDDongle (UPDATELIB)
23:00:37 T:3078674320 M:1440399360   DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 104432:00000000000000c4 00 MYVIDEOS XboxDVDDongle (MYVIDEOS)
23:00:37 T:3078674320 M:1440399360   DEBUG: OnKey: 7 pressed, action is 122
Ghostdog,

how did you get those hex codes to put in your lircd.conf file for your custom buttons? IRW doesn't recognize my custom buttons when I press them.
I've managed to get the harmony one remote working on my mac mini using xbmc on ubuntu.

Check out my post here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=485...stcount=67

I guess the files should work for other ir receivers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
lirc/harmony help!0