Keymap.xml and Aluminum Apple Remote Mapping Problem
I just switched from Plex to the new XBMC and I'm loving it so far!

Having a problem when remapping the buttons of the newer aluminum Apple Remote (with the extra Play/Pause button) using a custom Keymap.xml. I'm trying to force the following during fullscreen playback mode:

Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
    <joystick name="AppleRemote">
      <button id="1">VolumeUp</button>
      <button id="2">VolumeDown</button>
      <button id="3">StepBack</button>
      <button id="4">StepForward</button>
      <button id="5">Info</button>
      <button id="6">OSD</button>
      <button id="7">CodecInfo</button>
      <button id="8">Stop</button>
      <button id="9">Rewind</button>
      <button id="10">FastForward</button>
      <button id="12">Pause</button>
      <button id="13">ShowSubtitles</button>
    </joystick>
  </FullscreenVideo>

...but buttons 12 and 13 (play and hold play) keep taking the commands for buttons 5 and 7 (center and hold center). Basically, the Play/Pause button follow whatever is set for the center button.

Not sure if it matters but I'm running the latest stable version of XBMC and recent gen mac mini 2.26.

Can someone take a look at my Keymap.xml and verify I'm not missing anything obvious?

http://pastebin.com/f5c350f7f

Thanks in advance!
Hey ele ele,

welcome to the forums.

ele ele Wrote:[...]
...but buttons 12 and 13 (play and hold play) keep taking the commands for buttons 5 and 7 (center and hold center). Basically, the Play/Pause button follow whatever is set for the center button.
'Hold Play' of the new remote isn't usable currently (it can't be properly distinguished from the 'Hold Center' button).
But I was told the new play button would work, and it should already be mapped in the 9.11 Camelot release.

ele ele Wrote:Not sure if it matters but I'm running the latest stable version of XBMC and recent gen mac mini 2.26.
Indeed it matters, but 'latest' isn't a version. Also, a full debug log is mandatory for every bug report. Please pastebin it and link to it in this thread.

Thanks,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Maybe I can add some data, although I haven't been able to really check out what is going on.

I'm running XBMC on 3 different machines. One is Leopard with all the updates and all on a unibody macbook. Another is an old core solo mini with snow leopard (with all updates) and the candleair remote driver installed (needed it for eyetv). And the last is a 2009 mini with snow leopard (all updates) and no special drivers installed.

I notice that the extra button does have another function only on the last machine, not on the other two.

All three run XBMC Camelot 9.11.

I'm going to look into this tonight, I hope. But it seems the remote driver is very much of influence. I recall switching on "leopard compatibility" in the driver on the core solo machine, that might influence it.

Anyway, more data when I have it Smile

MD
I can confirm that after I disabled the "leopard compatibility" feature in candelair driver, my other snow leopard installation now also has different behaviour for the select and play/pause button.

No idea about the possibility of getting it to work properly on leopard.

Now I'm off to create modified keymaps Big Grin

MD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap.xml and Aluminum Apple Remote Mapping Problem0