[SUGGESTION] Refresh menu images one at a time...
Hi Hitcher,

I'm just going to throw this out there as a suggestion. I'm using an Zotac ION box as my HTPC. It's kind of weak on the processor side and there seems to be a moment of unresponsiveness when it updated (changes) the images in the main menu.

I'd like to suggest an option to refresh the images one at a time (perhaps with a one second delay), to ease the processor's load.

I guess I could just use a single image and avoid the load time, but I figured something could be worked out in that fashion.

Big fan of your work!
del
Been discussed before but not possible.
What about removing these bolded lines from:
Quote:<include name="Home_MainMenuIconF">
<width>349</width>
<height>260</height>
<posx>10</posx>
<posy>10</posy>
<timeperimage>20000</timeperimage>
<randomize>true</randomize>
<fadetime>400</fadetime>

<aspectratio aligny="top" scalediffuse="false">scale</aspectratio>
</include>

Then adding, the code below to each box, though obviously change the times for each box:

PHP Code:
<timeperimage>7900</timeperimage>
       <
fadetime>500</fadetime>
       <
randomize>true</randomize

I've been staring at it for the past 3 minutes and it seems to work well? Ronie's wall seems to use the effect...
Been there and done that I'm afraid and the results weren't pretty.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HitcherUK#p/...rvQiYOzvVI
What size are the images you're using?
Images anywhere from 960x540 to 1920x1080

I had that same effect in the video until I removed that bolded section I posted

Give it a try so far I've starred at it for like a solid 5min and it seems good Smile
I set:

Music to 9200
Movies to 7900
TV to 4600
Pics to 1900-fast just to test transitions

Seems OK so far?
Whatever <timeperimage> you use they end up changing out of sequence and then overlapping each other.
Yea it's a tough balancing act, what helped for me is some I gave a real long time like 14900, plus I'm only on the home screen for, at most, 30 seconds...I like it, actually I'm switching to this from Icons now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUGGESTION] Refresh menu images one at a time...0