cdArt+fanArt inconsistant - pulling my hair out!
Hello everyone...I am new to Transparency! but not to XMBC. I've started working on adding cdArt and fanArt to my music collection, but am puzzled as to why some work and some do not.

I have checked and double checked naming conventions, location of files, etc.

Are there any known restrictions to filesize, dimensions (power of 2Huh) or anything else that I should know about? It's making me crazy especially when I know that some of them work. I even went so far as to place a cdArt that I confirmed working from one folder into another folder that is broken. But it still would not work.

Any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Love Transparency by the way....it really rocks!!!!!
i would need a debug log to troubleshoot your cdart problem.

not sure what problems you have with fanart?
are you using library mode? if so, bring up the artist info dialog and hit refresh...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for the response Ronie.

I enabled debugging, but not sure where the file is being written. As soon as I figure it out, I will post it.

Cheers!!!

Edit....I figured out where the log is located. How can I get the file to youHuh Sorry, just have not done this as of yet.

I can see from looking at the log file that there was an error when trying to load the png, see below:

16:07:23 T:5620 M:1096155136 DEBUG: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: C:\Users\Tony\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Music\Faith Hill/There You'll Be: The Best of Faith Hill/cdart.png Error: (123)

16:07:23 T:5620 M:1096155136 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: C:\Users\Tony\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Music\Faith Hill/There You'll Be: The Best of Faith Hill/cdart.png
well, check if that folder exists on your harddrive.
most likely not, as i don't think windows allows foldernames with a ':' in it ?

for cdart to work, the name of the folder has to be exactly the same as the album name.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi Ronie....thanks for the pointers. You were right, at that was the cause of many of the problems. For some reason, XBMC is adding additional characters into the album name based on what is in the id3 tag of the file. This was causing most of the other problems I was having. When I brought up the info for the music file in XBMC it had added "Disc 01" to the name of the album. So I had to go into iTunes and remove the disc 1 of 1 fields.

Now XBMC is matching up with the actual folder names and picking up the cdArt.

Kind of crazy that XBMC was arbitrarily appending the Disc number onto the name, but that is apparently the problem.

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cdArt+fanArt inconsistant - pulling my hair out!0