Good place for media icons?
I have been getting all of my icons from mediaicons.org for some time as I liked the 3d box look and none of the skins for XBMC would perform that affect on a flat image back in 2006 (at least none of the skins I was interested in). Anyhow mediaicons.org doesn't seem to be maintained anymore (I submitted new icons over 6 months ago that still aren't up on the site). My question is where does everyone go to get their media icons? I think I want to start getting some small rectangular icons (taller than wide I have no idea what the resolution would be, I assume there are some standard sizes) so that they look good with pretty much all of the skins for XBMC (I have noticed a lot of the skins I want to use expect them to be that shape). For instance, I really like what "Transparency!" has done with the movie icons with its cool looking clear plastic case but all of my images already have the DVD case built in and are 3D angled.

Anyway I know icon scrapers are built into XBMC, but I always get strange icons for popular movies. For instance Shrek 2 came down as a double-wide DVD box with the original Shrek and Shrek 2 with no suitable automatically available alternative. This makes finding and applying my own icons a necessity.

Thanks for any help.
First of all, basically no one in the community is using "3D icons", so if you want those you will have to make them yourself.
Second, if you're using Windows, the easiest way to get your icons is to use a media manager. I use Ember:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50348
This makes it really simple to get posters / DVD box art for all movies.
Catchy Signature Here
Thanks much this is exactly what I was looking for. I can't wait for Ember to support TV and Music! Do you know of any other good media managers for TV and Music in the meantime?

Oh, and one more thing. In regards to what filesizes to choose. My first impulse is to get the largest but I wonder if there are any worries about performance with the xbox loading all of the images from the file system to display on screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Good place for media icons?0