Noob question: is there *any* release of Aeon that's actually, you know, stable?
ekim232 Wrote:I haven't tested the build being discussed here yet, but I was just wondering if it was pre-camelot or post-camelot?

post-camelot. but it´s in the SVN now anyway.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Thanks Phil. Just tested it out today and it worked very smooth.

By chance do you know why the settings screen gets messed up on Camelot. I noticed your mod was the same way also. The screensaver button is not accessible and it is not recognizing the focused color of the second line under each section heading. I haven't spent much time looking into it yet, but just wondering if you knew of a fix or were aware of it.

The settings part was reorganized, so all those tags are labelled and/or positionned in the wrong way.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
x-com Wrote:I've got the same problem as "headcase". Can't find a STABLE Aeon Mod.

I've used XBMC 9.04 (Windows) with Aeon Auriga Lite Rev.6 over months and months without a single crash. But after changing to XBMC 9.11 with Aeon Hitched it crashes every few minutes.

Any suggestions how to fix?

I'm in the same boat, Love Aeon, but camelot, the thing always crashes......No matter what mod I use, auriga, hitched, phil65, all die a slow death.
Doolie Wrote:I'm in the same boat, Love Aeon, but camelot, the thing always crashes......No matter what mod I use, auriga, hitched, phil65, all die a slow death.

I hope to get time tonight to gather up all of my 'compile xbmc from svn for complete noobs' information. It wasn't hard, it's just the info is spread out over time that encapsulated 9.04 and 9.11 so some of the instructions in the how-to don't work anymore. The how-to's were also written to audience that's assumed already understands what svn is and how to use it.

Supposedly you can just change your apt sources to svn ppas and get compiled nightlys that way, but when I did it all I got was 9.11 release.

With svn build, Aeon is ROCK solid. I haven't had a crash since.
Doolie Wrote:I'm in the same boat, Love Aeon, but camelot, the thing always crashes......No matter what mod I use, auriga, hitched, phil65, all die a slow death.

try the build i posted in my thread or a new svn, crashes are all gone now
The nightlies can be found here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/ win32 for windows, and download the one at the bottom (the latest.exe is not the latest Smile )
phil65 Wrote:try the build i posted in my thread or a new svn, crashes are all gone now

I'm installing 26860, we'll see how it is.
I'll be stoked if I can have Aeon as my fulltime skin, it looks amazing with my home theater setup. People drool at this stuff.
mindweaver Wrote:The nightlies can be found here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/ win32 for windows, and download the one at the bottom (the latest.exe is not the latest Smile )

I'm using Live ... not in the mood to try to setup the remote on win32.

Curious ... I don't have the patience to dig through 130 pages of posts to find out ... does the win32 version have Ion GPU acceleration for play back yet?
headcase Wrote:I'm using Live ... not in the mood to try to setup the remote on win32.

Curious ... I don't have the patience to dig through 130 pages of posts to find out ... does the win32 version have Ion GPU acceleration for play back yet?

afaik it works only for xp atm, but tiben20 is workin hard to make it work in Vista and Win7.
I've got an XBMClive installation and i'm trying to upgrade to latest svn to fix this issue, however I just keep getting an error on restart.
Code:
XBMC needs hardware accelerated OpenGL to render, consult wiki

I'm using this guide here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54350

It's seems to be happening during the "sudo apt-get upgrade" sequence. Whatever it's installing is causing my Nvidia driver to explode!?

***Update***

Yep, as I thought, it's the 'Upgrade' that's causing my issue. I know it's not directly connected to this thread, but I thought it could be useful for others having similar issues. I simply skipped this step and XBMC updated to the latest SVN! Upgraded from 26018 to 27017.

I'll let you know how the skins go on the new version...
i downloaded and installed the build phil65 posted and its pretty rock solid. i do have one problem though and ive had this problem with a lot of different builds. im using Showmix 2.1 and i like to have my tv shows in the grid or wall view. whenever i switch to it the screen goes black and xbmc crashes. this build and many others have crashed on me. of course the choice is now saved so if i try to go back into tv shows to choose another view it automatically crashes again. i would try Showmix 2.5 but i dont like how the letters are so huge.

when it comes down to it i guess i have three questions.

1. is there any way to fix the crashing in grid/wall view?

2. is there an easier way to change the view once it has crashed other than uninstalling and reinstalling?

3. is there some way to make the text in Showmix 2.5 smaller like it is in 2.1?

everyone says 2.5 is great with this build but i put off trying it because i cant stand the text size.

thanks for any help

***edit***

ok i found a different font in 2.5 that was a more suitable size so question 3 is answered. also the wall view in 2.5 works just fine so im thinking i wont be going back to 2.1...so i guess dont worry about answering questions 1 or 2.
I seem to be getting the same sort of crashes other people here have mentioned. I've tried using the latest nightly windows build and the main issue I'm noticing with that is that when I switch Home screen menu items like TV and MOVIES on and off nothing seems to happen. It still only shows the VIDEO menu item and no matter how many times I reinstall (making sure that ALL of xbmc is deleted each time) nothing changes.

Whats interesting is that I've tried the same copy of Aeon Showtime on a linux install and it works flawlessly and is rock solid.

No matter what xbmc build I try at the moment I just cant get Aeon stable under windows which is a shame because I love Aeon. I think for now I'll just have to stick with my old Aeon Auriga skin unless anyone has any suggestions ?

Oh I did try the Dx version of xbmc that someone posted earlier on. Same issue.
Quote:I seem to be getting the same sort of crashes other people here have mentioned. I've tried using the latest nightly windows build and the main issue I'm noticing with that is that when I switch Home screen menu items like TV and MOVIES on and off nothing seems to happen. It still only shows the VIDEO menu item and no matter how many times I reinstall (making sure that ALL of xbmc is deleted each time) nothing changes.

Whats interesting is that I've tried the same copy of Aeon Showtime on a linux install and it works flawlessly and is rock solid.

No matter what xbmc build I try at the moment I just cant get Aeon stable under windows which is a shame because I love Aeon. I think for now I'll just have to stick with my old Aeon Auriga skin unless anyone has any suggestions ?

Oh I did try the Dx version of xbmc that someone posted earlier on. Same issue.

not sure about regular Aeon but with Showmix you have to go into videos, add a source (movies, tv shows) and set their content. once that is done you go back to the main screen and they will be there. try that with Aeon and let me know if it works for you.

---------------------------------------------

now for a problem ive been having. the build phil65 posted is great except for one thing. i cant get the audio to go through my video card. it has an hdmi port and ive gotten audio through it before with other builds but this one isnt working. its the only problem i have with this build but its a pretty big one as i am turning my computer ino a media center so i can stream straight to my tv. are there any files i can swap or something i can do to fix this problem without having to try hundreds of other builds?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob question: is there *any* release of Aeon that's actually, you know, stable?0