using xbmc to watch downloaded shows
hi all,

I've been using xbmc for a while now but up to now I have been copying my torrents over manually and renaming them by hand and then telling xbmc to update its library.

I would like to move to a more automated process.

Ideally I would like to have a "seeding" directory where torrents that are still seeding but have otherwise completed (would be a mix of rars or avis in no particular directory structure other then generally the movie name or tv show name as per scene release) would sit and I hit update on xbmc and it adds these new tv shows in (im less worried about movies if its harder to do).

Eventually I would move those tv shows and movies to their proper directory and name them accordingly such as Better.Off.Ted.S02E03.Title.HDTV.XviD-Group. Im not set on that naming format but I would like to keep up to at least the show name, ep numer and title, and the source woudl be handy but not a must. I would like to move these shows to their proper directory and not lose my "watched" status and any other plot info etc that has been downloaded for them (mainly just watched status).

So basically is it possibly with XBMC to have it watch my "dump" directory for tv shows mainly then add them to the library. I tried it with a better off ted episode but it would not find the episode name because the folder was called something like "better.off.ted.s02e04.title.source.codec-grp" and it must have been trying to query xbmc for that
No, XBMC does not support that function.

I'm using TV Rename. I've set it to run after a download completes.

It scans a folder for TV shows copies them to set dir (ie d:\tv\scrubs\season 1\) and renames them to correct format and can also create .tbn files!

http://www.tvrename.com/

to get it to run from a cmd line you need to use an old beta version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
using xbmc to watch downloaded shows0