get the posters automate from the folder after scan
option to get posters from the folder(folder.jpg)
in library mode

in set contact , when u choose movies , u should have an option * get poster from folder.jpg
if there is no such an option i would suggest it .
This is the default behavior, there's no need for an option.
althekiller its not true .
its default when u use file mode not library mode
No, when you scan an item into the library, we prefer local art to scraped stuff on the web. Or at least how it's supposed to work. Things do break now and then. pastebin a debug log of a scan that fails to do this.
well i asked this feature cuz i put forigen poster for all my movies .
thats why i prefer to take the poster from the folder .
there is anything i can edit and it will do this action ?
Did you name the files correctly?

If you use folder level you need to name the posters "movie.tbn" or "poster.jpg" (not 100% sure about this one).
If you use file level you need to name the posters "<name of movie file without extension>.tbn".

I get all my posters from getvideoartwork.com and place them in the folders named as "movie.tbn" myself and XBMC always reads them correctly.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
This is actually a bug. Fix should be in SVN later today.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Montellese Wrote:Did you name the files correctly?

If you use folder level you need to name the posters "movie.tbn" or "poster.jpg" (not 100% sure about this one).
If you use file level you need to name the posters "<name of movie file without extension>.tbn".

I get all my posters from getvideoartwork.com and place them in the folders named as "movie.tbn" myself and XBMC always reads them correctly.

u are wrong too i should name it like this :

Movies\path\foldername\
Movies\path\foldername.tbn

or

Movies\path\moviename\folder.jpg

and i tried both Big Grin
not working
moshelog Wrote:u are wrong too i should name it like this

Well actually it's working for me this way so I can't be wrong Wink You can check the Wiki article about the thumbnails here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Thumbnails#Video_Thumbnails

This is a quote from the wiki:
Quote:Movie

If content has been set to Movies, movie.tbn will override any other thumbs for media in that folder. In he following example "videofilename.avi" will now use the thumbnail "movie.tbn".

Videos\path\movie.tbn
Videos\path\videofilename.avi

The "foldername.tbn" example you mentioned is nowhere to be found in the wiki.

But as vdrfan stated it seems to be bugged in the latest SVN and as I'm currently not using the latest SVN "movie.tbn" works exactly the way it should.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
FYI, SVN revision 26280 should take care of it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
well i checked this from the wiki
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Thumbnails

anyway ill try what u suggested
and ill wait for bugfix

thx alot
Montellese i dont know about the bug , but u were right it works like u said
Montellese what about fanart? same? fanart.tbn?
THX ABUNCH

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
get the posters automate from the folder after scan0