• 44(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)
>..I've got one question about adding recorded tv from mediaportal to the tv show library. Is there an easy way to add one off recordings, or is there a media manager that can pull in the XML info stored by mediaportal and convert for use with xbmc.

Hi Codex70 - don't have an answer I'm afraid but am now dead curious :-) Have been pretty much ignoring the MP back-end and asking XBMC to do all the whizzy stuff. For (UK) TV shows the TVdb is pretty hit and miss so I've not bothered using the library option (have updated tvdb a few times 0:-) ). Hadn't thought to use MP xml data - really good idea! So a +1 from me!

In the TV setting - Channel Manager there's an option to point to another EPG - wonder if switching that might populate xml file differently (but .. quite clearly.. don't have a clue!)
Maybe there is some better way but i couldn't figure out how to make xbmc to turn off/standby/hibernate after recording, GMPS makes this easy.

http://gmps.sourceforge.net

@andreacom

5 sec channel switching is normal i think (correct me if i´m wrong)

Have you tried the WebEpg? surely Italy have some epg sources already implemented. I followed this wiki:http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIA...ins/WebEPG
Hi, I know it is not the thread , but have to ask.
Is it possi´ble to use the dvbviewer recordingservices upnp server ? instead of the MediaPotal TVserver?

Regards
Helio
Hi all:
I have setup MediaPortal 1.1.3 and latest TVServerXBMC in my PC.
I try the XBMC Python script addon on AppleTV2 XBMC, the script can connect the server and list the channel correctly.
But when I select the channel, it always show the message "Server is offline or unavailable." on AppleTV2 side, and no debug message at the TVServerXBMC console. It seems that the script have a little bug. Anyone please kindly investigate on this issue, thanks~
helio58 Wrote:Hi, I know it is not the thread , but have to ask.
Is it possi´ble to use the dvbviewer recordingservices upnp server ? instead of the MediaPotal TVserver?

Regards
Helio

I think there is no need of pvr branch to use recordingservices from dvbviewer, you can just add it by add source, browsing to the upnp server.
Update : I have take a look to the debug log, and the streaming is work after I change the default host to my host computer.
It seems that AppleTV2 cannot decode the video correct if I use the internal decode engine, only audio stream can play.
If I switch to XBMC decode engine (ffmpeg), both video and audio can play but the video is broken frequently and keep buffering all the time.

laichung Wrote:Hi all:
I have setup MediaPortal 1.1.3 and latest TVServerXBMC in my PC.
I try the XBMC Python script addon on AppleTV2 XBMC, the script can connect the server and list the channel correctly.
But when I select the channel, it always show the message "Server is offline or unavailable." on AppleTV2 side, and no debug message at the TVServerXBMC console. It seems that the script have a little bug. Anyone please kindly investigate on this issue, thanks~
Magro,

Is it possible to combine the patch of a11599 into your PVR-build ?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96445

Regards & thanks for the good work !
HW: P4 2,3Ghz - 1GB - 160GB 2.5" - GF8400GS - DVB-T - DVB-S2
SW: Win 7 - XBMC PVR Margro - Mediaportal TV server
yeeeesss, that would be great !
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96445

finally watching live SD content without getting "eye cancer" ;-)

please magro,
add this important fix to your next build !

i vote for you !
I've seen that forum thread and also that XBMC developer CrystalP is already aware of the DXVA2 deinterlace patch. Hopefully he will add it soon to the official XBMC git master.
For the next build from my side (will probably take a few weeks...) I will check if it is already included. If not, I will add and test it myself.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
margro Wrote:I've seen that forum thread and also that XBMC developer CrystalP is already aware of the DXVA2 deinterlace patch. Hopefully he will add it soon to the official XBMC git master.
For the next build from my side (will probably take a few weeks...) I will check if it is already included. If not, I will add and test it myself.

you're the best Smile
HW: P4 2,3Ghz - 1GB - 160GB 2.5" - GF8400GS - DVB-T - DVB-S2
SW: Win 7 - XBMC PVR Margro - Mediaportal TV server
quick question, as this project matures, will it be usable on an atv 1 or 2. Watching this thread with a great deal of interest, and still tweaking my mediaportal setup and waiting for mp2. keep up the good work
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
My goal is to make the code cross platform compatible. At the moment, only the "MediaPortal (ffmpeg)" pvr client and the old python addon can be used on other platforms than Windows. It works at least under Linux and I've heard that the pvr client can also run on the Mac.

The "MediaPortal (TSReader)" addon uses code from Mediaportal itself and that code relies heavily on MFC and the Windows API, so that pvr client is not yet available on other platforms than Windows.

For atv2: when this platform gets into xbmc mainline or when someone ports the entire PVR code to the atv2 branch, you will have your "Live TV" option there... However, I'm not a Mac user, so someone else should help me to make my code Apple compatible.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
thanks for the info, currently running an aspire revo Linux and atv 1. Will be keeping an eye on this one I find it very intriguing.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
would love to see this on atv2....ios.
Hi,

I stumbled upon XBMC in January having the urge to build a HTPC after having none for years.
So for now I got it up and running with margro's latest PVR-build and his brilliant TSReader, using a locally installed MP-TV-server with a dual-DVB-T-Tuner (Terratec) on a Core i3-Sandybridge-system.
Except the known issues, I wonder why XBMC cannot play my recordings made (ts-files) while timeshifting e.g. works flawlessly.
A known bug?

Thanx in advance - and hail to all XBMC-developers - you rock! Nod

EDIT: sry, forgot to mention that I'm running Win7x64...
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)8