• 46(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)
Margro, how's the development of the PVR add-on coming along? :-)

Can i get you to look at the following post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99721 Not sure if the issue is with your plugin or not. Dushmaniac is looking into it.

Also,

i was wondering... I know this has been brought up before, but is there anything that can be done in regards to the speed of the channel changing using ffmpeg rtsp add-on... Or is the only solution to use the TSreader plugin?

Having said that which add-on is BEST to use... and which add-on are you planning on updating/using in the future TSreader or FFMPEG ?
See that post for an answer. In short: not something I can fix within my MediaPortal (ffmpeg) addon. Full playback is handled by ffmpeg.

With regard to the channel switching: most of the processing time is spent on the stream demuxing within the ffmpeg library. My plan is therefore to move the actual demuxing completely to the addon and use the same approach as used by the TVHeadend addon to pass the stream to XBMC. The MediaPortal TSReader addon needs further extensions for that. The TSReader version is therefore the best to use (for single seat usage), but it has also a few disadvantages like that is is a Windows only addon at the moment.

I'm still updating both PVR addons but I can't really fix playback/streaming problems with the ffmpeg one.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Thanks for clearing that up Margro. Will wait for your next Prebuild and start using TSreader again.
Is there a way to get this great plugin to work under linux, I can only find windows builds.
Insan3 Wrote:Is there a way to get this great plugin to work under linux, I can only find windows builds.
You can use dushmaniac's builds for Ubuntu. For other Linux distro's you will have to build XBMC yourself.
See also: this forum thread..
Note that dushmaniac's builds only contain one of the two MediaPortal addons (the ffmpeg-based one). The other MediaPortal PVR addon (TSReader) is not (yet) Linux/Mac compatible and is therefore not included yet in the master pvr development branch of XBMC.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
Just wanted to let people know that the DXVA2 deinterlacing patch applies with fairly minor changes to the xbmc / margro git repository and does wonders for the usability of this.
For me it fixed several interlacing-related problems, especially for HD channels.

The forum thread for the patch:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96445
lets hope margro feels generous with his next build:-)

wink wink

Dam0
Margro,

Would it be possible for you to release a build containing support for media portal 1.2.0?? Apparently (after reading the change log) TVServers streaming was improved. Also, current ad-ons will not work...

Quoted from Team-Mediaportal:

Attention!

Because of this change, none of your currently installed plugins will work with 1.2.0 beta. They will all get disabled and appear in a new section in the Configuration Tool: Incompatible Plugins. Please refer to the developers of the plugins you use for compatible versions.
The MediaPortal Extenstion Installer (MPEI) will be updated in beta2/RC1 of 1.2.0 to automatically incorporate the version information into the .mpe2 file.* So plugin developers just have to re-save their MPEI package (if the plugin is already compatible).

I'm sure you already know all this anyways.
But if you do happen to release a new prebuild with support for this new version. could you also include the dxva de-interlace patch??

Cheers :-)
@loggio:
I'm currently investigating the required changes to make the TVServerXBMC plugin MePo 1.2 compatible. Adding the required "Version Compatibility" code is not enough. I'll have to change the code also for the TVServer API changes. This will take some time, because I don't know the new API yet...

loggio Wrote:But if you do happen to release a new prebuild with support for this new version. could you also include the dxva de-interlace patch??
I don't want to break things. I'm not going to include patches in my builds that I can't test myself (still using XP, so no DXVA2). Futhermore, I've read in that forum thread that it doesn't work for everybody yet.
When it is included in the official XBMC tree, it will be in my builds.
Perhaps TheGeek could share his build?
loggio Wrote:Margro,
Would it be possible for you to release a build containing support for media portal 1.2.0?? Apparently (after reading the change log) TVServers streaming was improved. Also, current ad-ons will not work...
Done. See my website for a 1.2 beta compatible TVServerXBMC plugin.
I can share my build if people really want it, but it's probably better if you use margro's "official" builds to avoid fragmentation and stuff.

I fully understand why you won't add patches margro, and truth be told I am seeing some unexplained crashes, but I'm not sure if they are a result of my patched build or not.

These are the patches I'm running:
1. DXVA2 deinterlacing
2. Better auto-selection of audio track (ie. select correct language and best format)

I've also done some patching on my own to make it work with mediaportal 1.2 beta, but I only did some quick and dirty stuff to make it work (fix IUser stuff, add compatibility and set all channels to be FreeToAir since it seems Mediaportal removed this info from the API.)

Now that you added mediaportal 1.2 support as well margro I'll just use your work insteadTongue
BTW; do you accept pull requests for small stuff like this? I could probably have saved you the work since I had already done it.

Edit: just looked at the 1.2 branch of TVserverXBMC and it seems you fixed the freetoair stuff betterSmile
The geek,

Dont suppose you'd want to patch the current build on margros website with dxva de-interlacing patch, so i can test it out??

Ive got no idea how to apply the patch myself...

Not a big deal if you cant, just thought i'd ask.

Cheers :-)
Hi Margro,

Why is it that if i use Dushmaniac's binary builds for windows, using the media portal ffmpeg plugin it's extremely slow and quite buggy (channel much slower at switching, timeline won't display all channels, choppy playback etc...)??

But if i use your prebuild from 10-03-2011 things work fantastic, timeline works great, no choppy playback, channel changing is much faster and incredibly usable.

This may seem like a silly question because it's all currently under heavy development and these are the things that are being ironed out before merge with mainline (i hope)... But is it due to the fact that there has been changes to the PVR addons that you haven't yet optimised to work correctly? or is it simply due to the fact that XBMC is from the latest git development and XBMC itself is unstable...

The only reason i ask, it just feels like it's taken a huge step "Backward" in stability/usability, in dush's latest builds...

of course, i'm unsure about the performance of other PVR plugins in these builds as i only use windows and Media Portal.

Thanks in advance Smile
Loggio.
thegeek Wrote:Just wanted to let people know that the DXVA2 deinterlacing patch applies with fairly minor changes to the xbmc / margro git repository and does wonders for the usability of this.
For me it fixed several interlacing-related problems, especially for HD channels.

The forum thread for the patch:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96445

@thegeek

it would be really nice if you can share your compiled build with DXVA2 deinterlace support. As good as this PVR addon is, without DXVA2 deinterlace support it is absolutely useless for me... my HTPC is not powerfull enough to deinterlace by CPU. I already tried to compile a build by myself but it seems to be really hard for a newbie like me Smile

Thanks for your help and thanks to Margro for this nice addon.

Jere
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)8