Acer Aspire Revo 1600 + XBMC Live 9.11 + HDMI + TrueHD?
All,
I spent a few hours last night trying to get TrueHD working with properly over HDMI and figured I'd see if anyone has any other suggestions.

My setup is: Acer Aspire Revo 1600 with XBMC Live 9.11 installed to the disk running over HDMI to an Onkyo TX-SR876. Digital/DTS/DTS/hdmi/hdmi audio config (you know what i mean... Wink

I have several 1:1 BD Rips, some DTS-HD and some TrueHD (single track for each type).
When I play a DTS-HD movie the receiver shows all surround channels and the DTS light comes on and everything sounds pretty good (does sound odd but haven't analyzed how exactly yet)
When playing TrueHD however the Onkyo is only showing FL/FR and I can't hear the center/surround channels.

Enabling multi-channel downmix had the following results:
For DTS-HD, the receiver still shows all surround channels and the DTS light (seems odd if it's supposed to be downmixed.)
For TrueHD it shows FL/FR still but does appear to downmix properly as the audio sounds better.

Since I want full surround with each type I've tried updating to the nVidia ION 1.90 drivers, updated Alsa to 1.22.1 (which has the 8 channel patch) and still no luck.

I've tried running speaker-test but no sounds comes out and the receiver shows "No Signal".

I'm out of ideas so does anyone here have any experience with a similar setup and getting full surround support from TrueHD?

Thanks in advance!
- Fescen9

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Aspire Revo 1600 + XBMC Live 9.11 + HDMI + TrueHD?0