<displayremotecodes> has no effect
I'm trying to customize the buttons on my remote control, so I created an AdvancedSettings.xml file in %APPDATA%/XBMC/UserData with the following:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<displayremotecodes>true</displayremotecodes>
</advancedsettings>

The xbmc.log file confirms that these settings are being loaded:
Code:
13:21:39 T:4752 M:962961408  NOTICE: Loaded advancedsettings.xml from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
13:21:39 T:4752 M:962953216  NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
                                            <advancedsettings>
                                              <displayremotecodes>true</displayremotecodes>
                                            </advancedsettings>

However, there still aren't any codes being displayed when I press different buttons. Any ideas? TIA.
Read the wiki again. It is XBOX only Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Aw, damn! So is there any way I can do it on Windows, then?
Sorry, no idea about windows.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Eventghost will show you the code.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thank you, sho. I'll check it out.
@jvincent08: see mceremote.zip from http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmcmce/files/

Whether your remote is MCE compatible or not, you'll find the showkey.exe tool useful.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
<displayremotecodes> has no effect0