How feasible would a napster client be?
as title, a napster client for xbmc would be enough to make me subscribe Shocked

are there any python developers out there willing to give an opinion on this, might be enough to push me to learn python if you think it would be feasible.

tia
afaik music bought of napster is copyprotected (drm) = you won't be able to play it in xbmc anyway.

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
sure, i understand that, but what about just streaming music.  i don't mean re-playing tracks that you've bought and saved to disk,  just live streaming of selected albums.

are the streams protected as well?

i'm sure this must be possible as you can now buy napster compatible hardware devices like mp3 players.  these appear to be able to connect to napster and stream or save selected tracks and since they are not pc's, there will be a limited amount of configuration. guessing they only need the username and password.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How feasible would a napster client be?0