compiling camelot on an old machine and No VDPAU
Hey All,

Sorry for this and I am sure I am completely missing something here, I have been trying to bring all my machines up to nvidia-glx-195. I am using JYA's repos for intrepid. I have updated everything including mythbuntu to the latest fixes.

I have checked out /branches/camelot 9.11 and all my dependencies are met. it does compile ok but I do not get a VDPAU option. I have tried enabling it and re-compiling but no dice.

I searched several times in the forums over the last hour and I know I just read something along the same lines but cannot find it for the life of me.

Thanks,

Dave
you need libvdpau
spiff Wrote:you need libvdpau

Thanks Spiff,

These are what I have right now.

Code:
xbmc@mythbed:~$ dpkg -l|grep nvidia
ii  nvidia-173-modaliases                      173.14.12-1-0ubuntu5.1                     Modaliases for the NVIDIA binary X.Org drive
ii  nvidia-177-modaliases                      177.82-0ubuntu0.1                          Modaliases for the NVIDIA binary X.Org drive
ii  nvidia-180-modaliases                      180.60-0ubuntu9                            Modaliases for the NVIDIA binary X.Org drive
ii  nvidia-195-kernel-source                   195.30-0ubuntu1                            NVIDIA binary kernel module source
ii  nvidia-195-libvdpau                        195.30-0ubuntu1                            Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix
ii  nvidia-71-modaliases                       71.86.04-0ubuntu10                         Modaliases for the NVIDIA binary X.Org drive
ii  nvidia-96-modaliases                       96.43.09-0ubuntu1.1                        Modaliases for the NVIDIA binary X.Org drive
ii  nvidia-common                              0.2.4.2                                    Find obsolete NVIDIA drivers
rc  nvidia-glx-185                             185.18.36-0ubuntu2                         NVIDIA binary Xorg driver
rc  nvidia-glx-190                             190.53-0ubuntu1                            NVIDIA binary Xorg driver
rc  nvidia-glx-190-dev                         190.53-0ubuntu1                            NVIDIA binary Xorg driver development files
ii  nvidia-glx-195                             195.30-0ubuntu1                            NVIDIA binary Xorg driver
ii  nvidia-glx-195-dev                         195.30-0ubuntu1                            NVIDIA binary Xorg driver development files
ii  nvidia-settings                            190.36-0ubuntu5                            Tool of configuring the NVIDIA graphics driv
xbmc@mythbed:~$ sudo apt-get install libvdpau1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libvdpau1 is already the newest version.
libvdpau1 set to manually installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

thanks,

Dave
OK figured it out, I had all those but also needed to install

sudo apt-get install libvdpau-dev

Thanks,

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
compiling camelot on an old machine and No VDPAU0