Can't disable subtitles
Hi,

Quite a few of my movies have subtitles (eg: mkv's and dvd rips) which seem to be enabled by default.

I can't seem to disable them. I press 'm' to bring up the OSD, move across to what looks like the subtitle icon (screen with a line at the bottom) and press enter. Nothing happens, no change.

Has anybody else seen this problem before?
Subtitles are toggled in the audio/subtitles settings. It actually says "enable subtitles" so pretty tough to miss. If you want them off by default, hit the "use these settings for all movies" at the bottom of the same list.
Ah, thanks! I feel a bit stupid now.

Not sure what I was clicking on before but I've now found all of the subtitle stuff in the audio menu just like you said.

Thanks again.
I think you can press "T" from the keyboard during playback also.
Must be blind - I'm not seeing the auto/subtitle section you're both talking about. Is this under the Confluence skin and if so, where is it?
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
The video OSD...play something, hit 'm'. Looks like a speaker IIRC.
althekiller Wrote:The video OSD...play something, hit 'm'. Looks like a speaker IIRC.

sweet works on my keyboard. but does anyone know what the button is on a asrock ion330ht controller or what button to program in the logitech harmony software?
Hey

I have just started using XBMC, and its awesome, but i would like to turn the subtitles off permanently - i cannot see the above mentioned setting?

Please help

Thanks
mnichollsuk Wrote:I have just started using XBMC, and its awesome, but i would like to turn the subtitles off permanently - i cannot see the above mentioned setting?

2. post.
P.Kosunen Wrote:2. post.

i dont see this in my XBMC?
mnichollsuk Wrote:i dont see this in my XBMC?

Are you bringing up the OSD while playing a video? Cuz that's where it is.
cowfodder Wrote:Are you bringing up the OSD while playing a video? Cuz that's where it is.

When i click the icon during the movie it brings up video settings such as :

Imterlanced handling
Brightness
Etc

But no subtitles?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't disable subtitles0