More options for 'switch view' in My Music
it would be very handy if in my music - switch view, you could add an extra option. at present it lists, files, albums, artist, genres and top100. could you also add "year" to these.
i have many mp3's (900+) in a folder called 1970's and it would be handy to view them by "year".

also if i do a search, (wish the usb keyboard worked) a list of files is displayed that meets the critera of the search but when i click on one to play the list disappears and i have to do the search again to get the list back. i dont think this happend in earlier versions. can you stop it removing the searched list when an item is selected/played .

finaly i still would like to see the file list displayed in the format title, artist and not artist, title. is it possible to change this?

i have just made my donation to xbmc via palpal so please help me out and more will come cos you will make xbmc so much more convenient for me. either way well done its the "dogs" bol!!!!cks
glad you like xbmc.

as for the usb keyboard, it's in cvs now.

as for the rest, changing the displayed format of tracks has been thought of. currently you can disable the tracknumbers from showing, and i was thinking of making it completely configurable via a custom string (eg (%n) %t - %a) would be:

(01) vertigo - u2

etc.

as for the search results, i believe that was always like that.

adding view by year would be easy enough i think.

the ideal situation would be a smart playlists feature ala itunes. this is quite a bit of work, however.

thanks for the donation Smile

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

anything you can do especially with the file list display like title, artist eg. vertigo - u2 would be great although i'm more into: since you've been gone - whitesnake.
what am i saying its:

since youve been gone - rainbow

i was thinking of: here i go again - whitesnake....

oooops
:joker:
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

please please could someone add these features it would make a huge difference to me when playing my mp3's. i have a number of folders containing mp3's for each decade eg. 1970's - 1980's - 1990's etc with each folder having up to 1,000 mp3's in each and being able to view the list of mp3's in each folder by year would be very useful and even better if they were displayed as title, artist.

it would also be nice (but not essential) if there was a random play button.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More options for 'switch view' in My Music0