• 2(current)
[MOD] FanArt Music Visualisation
AlexNC Wrote:Also, it would be nice to have a section under the track counter showing the total time of the track, even if very small.
Thanks!

Here you go! Made it just for you! Smile
DannyBres Wrote:Here you go! Made it just for you! Smile

Thanks a lot Danny! That was very cool of you. I am new to this place and am really digging the helpfulness vibe it has going. I will load it up tonight once I get off work.
This has stopped working for me again. Any ides what is going on?
The Download link in the 1st post on the 1st page has been updated,
As a duration label has been added under the track number label.

Quote:This has stopped working for me again. Any ides what is going on?

More Info require, to help.

Did u read the post about limited fanart support, where u have to select the track inside the album for it to work, etc.
Download X-cite_V0.3 - 13th June 2007
Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
dfmos Wrote:More Info require, to help.

Did u read the post about limited fanart support, where u have to select the track inside the album for it to work, etc.

No I didn't, sorry Blush
Though, I swear it worked for a while when using the party playlist. Maybe I dreamed that?

BTW, what is keeping it from working during other playmodes, other than straight from the album folder? I really hope the official skin adopts this soon, as it adds a lot of value to the skin for music heads like me. The normal visualizations are pretty much worthless for me. They just distract the viewer in my opinion. Fanart is a much more professional appearance. Those trippy screensavers were neat about 10 years ago; but music media has evolved, and they just don't cut it anymore.
This is a xbmc error I believe, as Fanart is only really starting to get popular and used more and more, this error shud get sorted eventually! Maybe In the next build of xbmc of in the near future, I hope...
Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
DannyBres Wrote:After many many hours modding this and learning how to write visualiztions this is what I have come up with! Big Grin

I have a 19" monitor mouted in the corner of my room that is why the text is all large, so I can read it on my couch. I added Weather, RSS feed, Date and bigger clock, Porgress bar, re-arranged the album and track text, added an extra upcoming track and added some code to hide the nest line when noting is queued! Smile

That looks really good! I always wanted to have the music visualization to show all that info... could you post a link to the files you modified?

thanks!
I made a minor change to the default CD image, just better suits my taste.

Just right click and "save image as"
name it "default.png"
move it to "...\XBMC\skin\Confluence\media\cd\"
overwrite the existing file.
Restart XBMC

I'm new to confluance, Could anyone tell me how to view the album fanart (navigate away from the list) without waiting for it to time out to the visualization. On the xbox the "X" button did it, but no idea on a PC. Thanks.
are you asking how to show the visualization? if so press the tab key! Smile
That did it, thanks. I'm so used to using the remote, I had no idea which key controlled the visualization.

BTW, how did you get weather info loaded into the MusicVisualisation.xml? I'm trying to get it into a custom menu, but coming up short. Wondering what includes you used. I can pull the data, but I can't get the image to load.
arkryal Wrote:That did it, thanks. I'm so used to using the remote, I had no idea which key controlled the visualization.

BTW, how did you get weather info loaded into the MusicVisualisation.xml? I'm trying to get it into a custom menu, but coming up short. Wondering what includes you used. I can pull the data, but I can't get the image to load.

PHP Code:
<control type="image">

<
description>weather picture</description>

<
posx>7</posx>

<
posy>35</posy>

<
width>130</width>

<
height>130</height>

<
texture>$INFO[Weather.Conditions]</texture>

<
visible>!Visualisation.Enabled Weather.IsFetched</visible>

</
control

Is that code I used to load that image! Smile Hope that answers your questions! Smile
MediaFire Server is down for maintenance, so u'll have to wait a bit before u can download the files
Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
Thanks a lot, I misread the documentation, syntax was a bit off on the image control. That helps.
no problem does anyone know if it is possible to load a picture saved online into a visualization?!

for example load that (below) into a visualization.
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/DannyBres.png

ta
Quote:no problem does anyone know if it is possible to load a picture saved online into a visualization?!

Your best bet, would be to look at the Blackbolt - MC360 skin, that had a script to update the gamerscore from there you might be able to mod it to get an image instead.
Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] FanArt Music Visualisation1