• 5(current)
[MOD] FanArt Music Visualisation
arkryal Wrote:Fixed Vinyl Lighting
Good job, looks much better now, thanks.
Animated Arm Effect

I got bored so I added in the arm. It will now lift off the record when paused.

Code:
<!-- Arm -->
    <control type="image">
        <description>Arm</description>
        <animation effect="rotate" end="-25" center="auto" time="2000" loop="false" reversible="true" condition="!Player.Paused">Conditional</animation>
        <posx>320</posx>
        <posy>500</posy>
        <width>270</width>
        <height>270</height>
        <texture>cd/arm.png</texture>
        <aspectratio align="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
    </control>

Art:Here

Note to developers: The image must be larger than what appears on the screen, since it rotates off-center. There's lots of transparent space to the right of the image so the axis is the center of the image. Please let me know if the image host cropped it. If they did, it won't look right.

This is the first phase, eventually I want the needle to scroll down the album as the progress indicator. There's 50° of swing room on the arm, so I can use the X% of track progress /2, subtracted from the starting angle. Will play around with this some more and see if I can't make it better. Edit: Can't be done without actual scripting, There no absolute positioning for radial animation, so I cant keep track of how far the arm has moved for it's return.
Proper B-Side Labeling for Album Art

This will put a big red "B-Side" Stamp on the applicable albums (ie more than one disc) based on their attributes in the ID3 tag. Disc 1 will have no stamp, but now disc 2 is visibly different while maintaining the integrity of the original album art.

Here's the image link.

Add this code immediately after the CD overlay:
Code:
<!-- B-Side Stamp -->
    <control type="image">
        <description>Cover image overlay</description>
        <posx>20</posx>
        <posy>385</posy>
        <width>300</width>
        <height>285</height>
        <texture>cd/Bside.png</texture>
        <aspectratio align="bottom">stretch</aspectratio>
        <animation effect="slide" start="-118" end="0" time="300" tween="cubic" easing="out" delay="500">WindowOpen</animation>
               <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(MusicPlayer.DiscNumber,1)</visible>        
    </control>
Hi people,

this looks great, but I still have problem installing it Sad I did copy two XML files in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\skin\Confluence\720p

And the "Media" files in the media folder, restarted XBMC, but nothing.

Then I have looked for the Confulence skin in my XBMC folder in Users / Roaming profiles directory, I thought maybe there is an user-specific copy of the skin there, but nothing - there was only the Transparency skin which I have installed manualy:

C:\Users\XXXXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin

OK, then I've got curious, and started the Process Monitor - and that's where I started wondering: the file "MusicVisualisation.xml" is not loaded at all by XBMC - not at the any point of time.

At one moment, a file "Milkdrop.conf" from the folder "C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\visualisations" got loaded, but not the "MusicVisualisation.xml"

As you can guess, I'm not beginner with computers, I actually earn my money with software development since 17 years now Big Grin, so I did try some conventional and less conentional tricks (Process Monitor, even Fiddler).

Probably I am doing something really stupid, I just cannot figure it out...

My system:

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit

1920x1080 display (full hd - maybe that is the problem - the files are in 720p folder ?!?!)

This is where I try to change the visualisation - since I'm new with XBMC maybe it's a wrong place...?

Thank you all Smile
Hello arkryal,

I really do not know if the used vinyl image was cropped. I found it on http://www.deviantart.com and I thought it would be ok. I am not that great picture editor...

Are there any other people who fancy a turning table? When we have 2 seperate images (the table and arm) we could turn the vinyl image on top of it. For example:

Greetings
caracas Wrote:Hi people,

this looks great, but I still have problem installing it Sad I did copy two XML files in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\skin\Confluence\720p

And the "Media" files in the media folder, restarted XBMC, but nothing.

Then I have looked for the Confulence skin in my XBMC folder in Users / Roaming profiles directory, I thought maybe there is an user-specific copy of the skin there, but nothing - there was only the Transparency skin which I have installed manualy:

C:\Users\XXXXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin

OK, then I've got curious, and started the Process Monitor - and that's where I started wondering: the file "MusicVisualisation.xml" is not loaded at all by XBMC - not at the any point of time.

At one moment, a file "Milkdrop.conf" from the folder "C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\visualisations" got loaded, but not the "MusicVisualisation.xml"

As you can guess, I'm not beginner with computers, I actually earn my money with software development since 17 years now Big Grin, so I did try some conventional and less conentional tricks (Process Monitor, even Fiddler).

Probably I am doing something really stupid, I just cannot figure it out...

My system:

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit

1920x1080 display (full hd - maybe that is the problem - the files are in 720p folder ?!?!)

This is where I try to change the visualization - since I'm new with XBMC maybe it's a wrong place...?

Thank you all Smile

Okay, let's run through the check list and make sure you have everything.

• Make sure you're running a recent build of XBMC (Camelot will be fine, but I run the SVNs)
• Make sure Confluance is installed. It is by default in all recent builds.
• In Windows7 x64, the skin will be in
Quote:c:\Program Files(x86)\XBMC\skins\Confluance
Extract the files there. You can install additional skins in the "//User/Apps/Roaming" folder, but the defaults will be under program files.
• Your resolution is not an issue, I run the same (1080). Confluance is made for 720 resolutions, but it's the same aspect ratio, so it scales up fine and most of the default fonts and images look fine upscaled (with a few exceptions in some plugins).
• Make sure you have your music scraped and in the library. Fanart is limited for some of the more obscure bands, so try adding at least one image manually to be sure it will display. Just download a band picture and name it "fanart.jpg" and put it in the album folder. XBMC will look there first. You may need to go to "album info" and refresh if you've already scraped your music.
• Verify you're in library mode. Select a song and play it. Once the song starts, push the TAB key to see the visualization screen.

I think your problem lies in that you're looking at the wrong folder, but I'd run through the check list just to be sure. Also worth noting, there are several versions of this mod posted here, and a wide array of differences between them. The latest I posted uses a different font structure and won't display properly unless you have Nuka's weather mod installed first. My previous version will work with the default, as will that of the original author and other contributors, so try that first.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate a default copy of the Font.xml file posted. I've loaded about a half dozen mods that edit it, so what I see isn't what everyone else sees, and I have no idea which backup holds the original anymore. I want to get my modifications cleaned up a bit and package them for easier install.
Quick repack

Includes:
• Much improved CD Image. Now it has an overlay for lighting effects like the vinyl image. Must see, screenshots won't show it, but it's a huge difference, and much more realistic.
• Lighting corrected vinyl image for songs dated before 1985
• Animated arm for records that will lift off of the album when paused.
• B-Sides stamping on "Disc 2" albums.

Download

arkryal Wrote:Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Aehh... it was me. As I said, I'm still not too "fluent" with XBMC. I wanted to turn the visualisations on in the SETUP-MUSIC menu, of course it didn't work...

Mod itself worked perfectly with TAB Big Grin

Is there any way to start this visualisation with MS (compatible) Remote or with the mouse?

Thanks, arkryal, good work!!!
First great mod

But how do I get it to work I followed the gude and replaced the folders, I have scrapped all the fanart, and when I'm in libiray mode, I get the album coer with the fanart background but when I press play, all I see is the songs on the album. Do I need to go into the settings and adjust something?? I use plex on another machine with aeon theme, and works without any mod. I,m running latest version of xbmc v9.11.
Quote:Is there any way to start this visualisation with MS (compatible) Remote or with the mouse?

I know there's a function in the web api and the event server. So using a web based remote will turn it on. I use a remote for the iPhone which has a button for it. For another remote, you may need to edit the keymap file. The wiki has some good info on how to do that.

Quote:But how do I get it to work I followed the gude and replaced the folders, I have scrapped all the fanart, and when I'm in libiray mode, I get the album coer with the fanart background but when I press play, all I see is the songs on the album. Do I need to go into the settings and adjust something?? I use plex on another machine with aeon theme, and works without any mod. I,m running latest version of xbmc v9.11.

Play the music and push the TAB key (X on xbox controller)
It looks great with the added things like the weather and the spinning cd/vinyl. Unfortunately in my case, I have tried everything and it won't show the fanart on the visualization. Everything is scraped, all library views have fanart backgrounds, I even copied a fanart.jpg file into the music artist directories in case that might help. Still, it always shows the default guitar background when playing the songs, the album thumbnail art shows fine though as does most everything else. Sad

One other very small thing I noticed, I am using 1080P, when I tried selecting the wave visualization at the top menu, it shows outside and slightly to the left of the small circle you made on the right for it to display. I can turn off that part but more importantly i would like to figure out how to get the fanart to display as the background while playing.

Thanks
First: go to "Music Settings" -> "Library" and make sure the scraper is active, Set it to "ALLMUSIC" and then hit the "-Setting" button in that window. Make sure Fanrt is enabled. In fact, enable everything on that popup window and close it. Now update the library.

Failing that:
Try right clicking the artist in library view. Get the artist info and choose refresh. Let it grab the info again. Then go to the "Fanart" button in artist info and verify it shows something there. If you have a local copy, try using that first. If that doesn't show up, try again with a remote source.

I noticed some of my files got locked (Windows 7) and XBMC didn't have access to them. It was very odd. In the end, I had to take back ownership of the files and it worked fine. That only effected my local images before I upgraded to windows 7. Remote sources still worked.

If it's showing the default image, the mod is working. The issue must be something to do with XBMC's access to that info (or the mod is corrupt).

To check the mod, open MusicVisualization.xml in notepad.
Look for this:

Code:
<window id="2006">
    <defaultcontrol>-</defaultcontrol>
    <allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
    <controls>

<!-- Fanart -->
    <control type="image">
        <description>visualisation background</description>
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>0</posy>
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>720</height>
        <colordiffuse>ffffffff</colordiffuse>
        <visible>Player.HasAudio</visible>
        <flipy>true</flipy>
        <texture fallback="DefaultFanart.jpg">$INFO[MusicPlayer.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture>
    </control>

There should be nothing else above that in the file, as anything above the fanart section will be displayed behind the image.

The important line of code to check is :
Code:
<texture fallback="DefaultFanart.jpg">$INFO[MusicPlayer.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture>
Make sure that line is correct. If it is, the mod is fine, the problem is elsewhere.

I'll look into the defect in the visualization overlay. I'm locked on Milkdrop, so I haven't seen how the other would look. It's probably just an issue with the visualization size. Wave is a different Aspect Ratio, so if that's maintained and the top in the constraining dimension, it may be wider and hang out from the side of the overlay. Should be a quick fix.
Quote:One other very small thing I noticed, I am using 1080P, when I tried selecting the wave visualization at the top menu, it shows outside and slightly to the left of the small circle you made on the right for it to display. I can turn off that part but more importantly i would like to figure out how to get the fanart to display as the background while playing.

Please provide Screenshots of the Wave visualization so that the ppl at the forum can futher assist U.

As for the fanart it is probably to do with the selecting the songs inside of the albums or not being in library view while playing songs, ..

So please read the post's from the 1st page as this issue as come up more than once.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

1#. I would like to suggest that from now on ppl read through the posts if their having a problem to see If it has been answered already - before posting an issue.

2#. A picture speaks a 1000 words, so please Screenshot the issue so ppl can clearly understand whats going on.

This is to hopefully help everyone, modders and users alike. Nod
Download X-cite_V0.3 - 13th June 2007
Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
Hello,

First of all, thanks to all for this great work.

Do you have any idea on how to refresh the fanart on party-mode ?
It would be fantastic to make it works...

arkryal Wrote:Found a few quirks in Party Mode.
The background image seems stuck on the default when you advance track in party mode.

The fan art does update on artist change when manually queued or while progressing through a playlist.

I haven't bothered to look for a cause yet, but I suspect I'll need to add a refresh in there somewhere. It should be handled by the Partymode code rather than the vis script, but I've not looked at how that functions yet.

Another small improvement can be to put the release date of the album (or song) below the track number.

Thanks again for the sharing.

Jeff
@ Jef555
Quote:Do you have any idea on how to refresh the fanart on party-mode ?

Currently, I don't believe that could be done without installing and running a script. PartyMode is a bit more complicated than just playing the standard playlist queue.

Quote:Another small improvement can be to put the release date of the album (or song) below the track number.

That should be no problem, will do next time I'm tinkering with the file.
Here's the code you need. Just find the end of the "Track Number" control, and insert it after that section.

Code:
<!-- Release Year -->
    <control type="label">
        <description>Track Number</description>
        <posx>446</posx>
        <posy>539</posy>
        <width>600</width>
        <height>20</height>
        <font>font13_title</font>
<shadowcolor>FF000000</shadowcolor>                
        <label>[COLOR ffffcc33]Release Date: $INFO[MusicPlayer.Year][/COLOR]</label>
        <aspectratio align="right">keep</aspectratio>    
    </control>

That should yield this (or something like this depending on the version you're using):

@ dfmos
Quote:Please provide Screenshots of the Wave visualization so that the ppl at the forum can futher assist U.

He's having issues with the mini-visualization modification I made. The trouble is Milkdrop aligns at a different position than waveform or spectrum. In the script the alignment for milkdrop is correct, but using the same positioning the other two are about 150 pixels offset to the left.

Unfortunately, the Visualization control doesn't have an align function like labels do, so it's harder to position.

I just need a way to detect what Visualization they're running and can set visibility of two separate controls independently. But I've hit a brick wall there. I was hoping this would work to detect the current visualization:
Code:
<visibility>stringcompare(Visualisation.Name,MilkDrop_win32dx)</visibility>
But that's not returning anything useful, so my code is wrong somewhere in there. Do you know how to return a Bool value for the current running visualization? I know I've seen it in older skins (the visualization running in the sidebar where there is album art now). But I can't seem to find the code anywhere, all the new versions have eliminated it.
Sorry the image is so small, I'm using Picasa to host it, they scaled it down on me.

Code for the above images:
Code:
<!-- Visualization -->
    <control type="visualisation" id="2">
        <description>visualisation</description>
        <posx>1000</posx>
        <posy>215</posy>
        <width>200</width>
        <height>180</height>
    </control>

Edit: The code I was using apparently does work, I just screwed up on my end. Ronie pointed me in the right direction. I'll work on fixing this in a few hours when I'm free. Will be overhauling the overlay image anyway, in an effort to make it fit with the confluence theme better.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] FanArt Music Visualisation1