• 1(current)
[MOD] FanArt Music Visualisation
Thumbs Up 
This mod uses ur Fanart that you have set up for ur music library.

I made the fanart slightly visible even through the 2 visualization.
I have taken other mods and put them together to fit closer to the Confluence Style.

Music Flags and spinning cd is included in this mod, enjoy.

Feel free to change and edit the files urself.

#Word of warning, this mod it not meant for xbox, as I dont think it could handle visualization and a spinning image.

My setup - XBMC Windows - Running at 1080p.

## -----------------------------------------------------
Simple update just a Track Duration added.

## -----------------------------------------------------

Update [07/01/2010]
There is now a "DefaultFanart.jpg" which will be used if no fanart is available.
There is an autohide next label when there is nothing left in the queue.

Download - Fanart MusicVisualisation.zip
Download X-cite_V0.3 - 13th June 2007
Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
Wow, this looks great! I like it a lot.

One question, I do not see Fanart in the background, what am i doing wrong?

Thanks!
You must scan ur music to library mode then make sure that an image is selected for Fanart, at the moment xbmc doesnt really use Fanart out side of the librarys, like the file views for example

-------------------------------------------------

## FOUND a bug which Im not sure how to fix.

The Fanart is ONLY found If while in library mode you go into the Artist and then into Album and manually press select to play a song in that Album,

So If u want to play the whole album just manually press select on the first track inside the album.

For whatever reason if U go into Artist and then just press play on the Album name (to play the whole album) it wont find the association between the tracks and the Fanart, :confused2: WEIRD,.

Just Found Out this is xbmc bug from reading some of ronie posts.
Quote:the MusicPlayer.Property(Fanart_Image) implementation in xbmc is somewhat limited.

check http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7902
Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
Heres 2 more Screenshots, I tought these look'd good..

Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
I am new to XBMC. How do I add this? Is it reversible if I end up not wanting to use it later?

Thanks
Quote:How do I add this? Is it reversible if I end up not wanting to use it later?

Download the file in the first post,
Then navigate into xbmc skin folder where Confluence is located.

Now u can simply copy the 2 folders "720p" & "media" into the Confluence folder.
This will Replace the original "IncludesCodecFlagging.xml" & "MusicVisualisation.xml" which are located in the 720p folder.

The files in the media folder donot Replace anything they just get added for use with this mod.

# So u shud make a copy of the Original "IncludesCodecFlagging.xml" & "MusicVisualisation.xml" in the Confluence/720p/ folder
and back them up to a safe place.

So If u dont like the mod just copy back in the original files to the 720p folder to replace the modified .xmls
Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
Thanks, that did it. Awesome work buddy! This is exactly what I was looking for =)

Can I make a few suggestions, not even sure if they are possible since I am new to XBMC ...

I have always wanting to be able to click on the text of the Artist and Album info in the Now Playing area and have it take me to that links page. For example, I click on an Artists name, and it takes me to that specific Artists page inside XBMC, showing all of its albums. Or if I click on the Album, it will take me to the track list. Also, it would be nice to have a section under the track counter showing the total time of the track, even if very small.

BTW, if I have missing artist artwork, where do I place that if I want to find my own? Also, what dimensions do the images need to be?

Thanks!
The stuff u mentioned about clicking on an artist is an xbmc issue not a skining one, sorry.

Quote:BTW, if I have missing artist artwork, where do I place that if I want to find my own? Also, what dimensions do the images need to be?

If u have missing artwork or fanart, scan the album into ur library,
Then use the scapers, infomation lookups to find the album cover and Fanart for the artist.

If there is no Album Art found using scapers place a image of the artwork inside the album folder and rename it to "folder.jpg". then rescan the album back into the library and it shud update the changes.

For the missing fanart, you have to place a image inside the artist folder

Your Folder Structure shud be -> Music -> Artists -> Albums

So inside the artists folder rename the image to "fanart.jpg"

the Resolution for Fanart is 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 720, 720 x 405, 400 x 225, etc .. Just as long as u keep the 16:9 Aspect ratio the fanart shud appear Fullscreen.

As for the total time, I'll look into it, the real reason behind the mod is to showcase the Idea to Jezz_X, so maybe he might consider using Fanart in such a way for his original Confluence skin.
Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
dfmos Wrote:For the missing fanart, you have to place a image inside the artist folder

Your Folder Structure shud be -> Music -> Artists -> Albums

So inside the artists folder rename the image to "fanart.jpg"
That is what I figured, and what spawned my question. I let XBMC scan my library and scrape the Fanart images. Though, when I go into the Artist's folder, I do not see any images ... even though it is displaying them on screen. I thought maybe XBMC was storing them somewhere else. It must be ??
Yea, all the Scaped images are stored by xbmc in the Userdata folder, so they will not be copied to the location where your files are actually stored.
Correct.

If u want to manually find images and put them in your folders,

http://www.htbackdrops.com/index.php
This is where Xbmc gets is Fanart From, as for album artwork that can be found using google.
Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
cool. Thanks for all your help dfmos
fyi - for what ever reason, this stopped working tonight. I had to re-copy the folder/files over again and it started working fine Huh
I've always been more of a vinyl person myself LOL

BTW, quick hack, arm isn't positioned right, but oh well.
It works perfecly at the xbox Big Grin
After many many hours modding this and learning how to write visualiztions this is what I have come up with! Big Grin

I have a 19" monitor mouted in the corner of my room that is why the text is all large, so I can read it on my couch. I added Weather, RSS feed, Date and bigger clock, Porgress bar, re-arranged the album and track text, added an extra upcoming track and added some code to hide the nest line when noting is queued! Smile
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] FanArt Music Visualisation1