• 4(current)
[MOD] FanArt Music Visualisation
This mod worked out great...
The only change I made was to the cd image. Im currently using a image of a cd that is 40% translucent/blurred. It mimics the windows 7 glass...looks good.

Props to all who worked on this....Also, this does work while listening to last.fm. (not fanart though)
Quote:i only get thumbnail, media list, etc I downloaded the latest release of xbmc

This mod is only for the MusicVisualisation View, not for the view types within the library its self, sorry.

MusicVisualisation view is what u get when u press the "Tab" key , X button. while music is playing..
Download X-cite_V0.3 - 13th June 2007
Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
Hey arkryal!

where i can download your version ?
-- please forgive me for my bad english -- :blush:
I'm uploading to mediafire now. There's still a lot of work to be done on it, but I've been distracted by another minor project the last couple of days.

To Do:
• Optimize size of overlay
• Add analog clock
• Add toggle for fullscreen visualization (in my version it only appears as the small orb currently.
• Write an override for placement of lyrics when using a lyrics script
• Realign some of the text (it's a few pixels off)

Basically what you see is what you get until I get enough time to make the above changes. See screenshot below.

Download Here

Edit:
Just installed Nuka's Weather Mod, apparently that changes the fonts.xml file, so all font sizes will be wrong if you have that installed, you'll need to change the font sizes to get it to display properly.

Here's a link that should be compatible with the weather mod. It uses different font sizes, so I adjusted the color a bit for contrast on the smaller text. Additionally, I shrank the file size of the orb overlay, and exchanged the gradient top and bottom tint images for a 1x720 gradient, same effect, but 1/70th the file size.

Download Here
Someone requested that I post the vinyl mod, so here goes.

In MusicVisualisation.xml, find the following line and change time="150" to time="999"

<animation effect="rotate" end="-360" center="auto" time="150" loop="true" reversible="false" condition="!Player.Paused">Conditional</animation>

After the "</control>" line a few lines down, add the following block of code...

PHP Code:
<control type="image">
    <
description>Turntable Arm</description>

<
animation effect="slide" start="-118" end="0" time="900" tween="cubic" easing="out" delay="1000">WindowOpen</animation>

<
animation type="WindowClose">
        <
effect type="slide" start="0" end="-114" time="800" tween="cubic" easing="in" delay="0"/>
        <
effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="1300"/>
        <
condition type="!Player.Playing"/>
    </
animation>

<
width>100</width>
    <
posx>385</posx>
    <
posy>290</posy>

<
texture>cd/arm2.png</texture>

<
aspectratio align="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
</
control

Now copy these two images to your media/cd/ folder (backup your cd/default.png file in case you want to switch back)

Rename to default.png

Rename to arm2.png

If anyone has a better vinyl image, please post it Smile
thanks for this pkellum & dfmos

looks good on the xbox1

the record change is good too, it is spinning slower.

i changed the animation effect to "none" as the record arm was spinning 360 degrees and was looking funny!

the record arm is sitting below the record too what code do i change to fix that?

thanks
It shouldn't be below the album. Is anyone else having this problem?
Added LCD Time

Not sure if I like it, think its the wrong colour.

Thank you pkellum for posting your code. I got it working!
Nice mod. I like the original one without all the extras.

1. I also prefer the look of vinyl to the CD but I can't find the right vinyl image.

I found a black vinyl record, but it has the same issue as the green one posted above, it has a light source. The reflection on the record should not move with the record as it spins. A light source (like the red one on a Technics 1200) should remain static as the record moved beneath it. The effect of the spinning light reflection on the vinyl is really jarring to me. I can't find any images of a record without some sort of reflection though.

2. To the poster above, 45 RPM = one rotation every 1.33 seconds, or 1333 milliseconds. If you want the record at 45 RPM, set the rotation time to 1333. If you want 33 RPM try 1818. A real smart script would figure out if it was a single or an album and vary accordingly Big Grin

3. Is there an issue in TRAC for the inconsistent FanArt query? This is the other major issue keeping this mod from being great.
schmoko Wrote:1. I also prefer the look of vinyl to the CD but I can't find the right vinyl image.

I found a black vinyl record, but it has the same issue as the green one posted above, it has a light source. The reflection on the record should not move with the record as it spins. A light source (like the red one on a Technics 1200) should remain static as the record moved beneath it. The effect of the spinning light reflection on the vinyl is really jarring to me. I can't find any images of a record without some sort of reflection though.
I had the same problem, no good vinyl images out there. I have some albums but getting a picture without a reflection is not easy.

Perhaps a lighting effect overlay could be used once a good vinyl image is found.

Quote:2. To the poster above, 45 RPM = one rotation every 1.33 seconds, or 1333 milliseconds. If you want the record at 45 RPM, set the rotation time to 1333. If you want 33 RPM try 1818. A real smart script would figure out if it was a single or an album and vary accordingly Big Grin
Thanks, I was just throwing a number in there to slow it down.
Maybe this one is nice after some photoshop:
Nice vinyl image. Here is a copy of it sized and with the background removed.
Download Here There is a highlight on the upper left corner (it looks like it was made in photoshop with the "bevel & emboss" style), that'll spin too, so it's not going to be the best quality. From an overhead perspective, the record should actually appear black (no lines) and only reveal the depth of the grooves when exposed to light which would shine from one quadrant continually, regardless of it's spin. Those lines would have some variation as it spins, bound to the speed. The animation effects available don't lend to this type of detail, so no vinyl image will really look acurate.

Does anyone know it XBMC will play animated image formats like gif or apng (preferred) with undithered transparency? Then I could animate the reflection and reduce the overall file size of the record image.

I was also thinking that the media image (CD or Record) could be an option based on the year of the song playing.
Something along the lines of
IF TrackYear <= 1985 [display record] else [display cd]

It would be nice to add an options menu which would toggle some of the features. Weather, time, Next Track Preview on/off. Fullscreen Visualization / Mini Visualization. Show Record / Show CD.
Fixed Vinyl Lighting

Forgive the shitty video, YouTube killed the quality, but it should give you a rough idea of how it looks.
The image here is a clean still shot, it will look like this (but animated). The video has too much pixelation to be a fair representation.

Video Here

Here's what you need:
• Record Image
• Highlight Image
• Code

I'm not going to package this one as I'm running a few mods now that would make my version appear differently on your screen, so just add it manually.

The Code
Code:
<!-- Mod- group animation -->
    <control type="image">
            <description>Cd overlay</description>
        <animation effect="slide" start="-118" end="0" time="900" tween="cubic" easing="out" delay="1000">WindowOpen</animation>
        <animation type="WindowClose">
            <effect type="slide" start="0" end="-114" time="800" tween="cubic" easing="in" delay="0"/>
            <effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="1300"/>
            <condition type="!Player.Playing"/>
            </animation>
        <animation effect="rotate" end="-360" center="auto" time="800" loop="true" reversible="false" condition="!Player.Paused">Conditional</animation>
        <width>275</width>
        <height>250</height>
        <posx>160</posx>
        <posy>400</posy>
        <texture fallback="cd/record.png">backdrops/artist_fanart/cd/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]-$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album].png</texture>
        <aspectratio align="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
    </control>
    <control type="image">
        <description>Record Shine</description>
        <animation effect="slide" start="-118" end="0" time="900" tween="cubic" easing="out" delay="1000">WindowOpen</animation>
            <effect type="slide" start="0" end="-114" time="800" tween="cubic" easing="in" delay="0"/>
        </animation>
        <posx>160</posx>
        <posy>400</posy>
        <width>275</width>
        <height>250</height>
        <texture>cd/shine.png</texture>
    </control>
Replace the CD image with the following. The record is slowed to 52 RPM (7/8 second per turn)

Now copy the vinyl image and the highlight image to the "\\media\cd" folder. They're a bit sloppy, feel free to touch up if you like.

Get the Images Here

You'll have to add the arm yourself, I didn't bother with that.
arkryal Wrote:I was also thinking that the media image (CD or Record) could be an option based on the year of the song playing.
Something along the lines of
IF TrackYear <= 1985 [display record] else [display cd]

Good idea Smile

Code:
<!-- Mod- group animation -->
    <control type="image">
            </animation>
        <animation effect="rotate" end="-360" center="auto" time="1818" loop="true" reversible="false" condition="!Player.Paused">Conditional</animation>
        <width>275</width>
        <height>250</height>
        <posx>160</posx>
        <posy>400</posy>
        <texture fallback="cd/record.png">backdrops/artist_fanart/cd/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]-$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album].png</texture>
        <visible>!IntegerGreaterThan(MusicPlayer.Year,1984)</visible>
    </control>
    <control type="image">
        <description>Record Shine</description>
        </animation>
        <posx>160</posx>
        <posy>400</posy>
        <width>275</width>
        <height>250</height>
        <texture>cd/shine.png</texture>
    </control>
    <control type="image">
        <description>Turntable Arm</description>
        </animation>
        <width>100</width>
        <posx>385</posx>
        <posy>290</posy>
        <texture>cd/arm2.png</texture>
    </control>
    <control type="image">
            </animation>
        <animation effect="rotate" end="-360" center="auto" time="150" loop="true" reversible="false" condition="!Player.Paused">Conditional</animation>
        <width>275</width>
        <height>250</height>
        <posx>160</posx>
        <posy>400</posy>
        <texture fallback="cd/default.png">backdrops/artist_fanart/cd/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]-$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album].png</texture>
        <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(MusicPlayer.Year,1984)</visible>
    </control>
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] FanArt Music Visualisation1