• 10(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 3.06
Galefury Wrote:Is not a bug, is normal. On background you should see a visualization (like milkdrop) or fanart if set, but since you are not using a stable version, some things might be broken.
Hmmz, I've missed that option. I've set it to fanart now, works great!

Thanks!
will it be possible tu use the rapier skin with the "XBMC-r31463-trunk" version??
this version manages the skins as addons, but i don't know where to copy the skin files to get them recognized by XBMC. Sad
and in the moment it's impossible to install the skin from the xbmc menu. there are only confluence and pm3.hd.
grobi1209 Wrote:will it be possible tu use the rapier skin with the "XBMC-r31463-trunk" version??
this version manages the skins as addons, but i don't know where to copy the skin files to get them recognized by XBMC. Sad
and in the moment it's impossible to install the skin from the xbmc menu. there are only confluence and pm3.hd.

Galefury Wrote:Scarfa, will you update the skin after XBMC 10.05 (or .06) final release ? Please ?

scarfa Wrote:Yes, I've started working on an update.

I renamed and moved my Rapier from skin/Rapier to addons/skin.rapier and added an addon.xml and put in the folder, like this (used the confluence one as a reference):
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon
  id="skin.rapier"
  version="1.1.0"
  name="Rapier"
  provider-name="scarfa">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="2.11"/>
  </requires>
  <extension
    point="xbmc.gui.skin"
    defaultresolution="720p"
    defaultresolutionwide="720p"
    defaultthemename="textures.xbt"
    effectslowdown="0.75"
    debugging="false"/>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <summary>Rapier</summary>
    <description>The best skin.</description>
    <disclaimer>Credits to Scarfa</disclaimer>
    <platform>all</platform>
  </extension>
</addon>

Works like a charm.

Edit: addons.xml should of course be addon.xml, good eye ikarus.
filigran Wrote:Works like a charm.

I tried that, too, but have noticed an increase in xbmc crashes, while confluence and qualar mod are really stable with latest svn.

Also, it seems like there may be some graphics changes, as the movie, tvshow and music information popup doesnt have a background, making it very hard to read on a just slightly darkened background:

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/679768/1/xbmc?h=3a9871
I'm considering going to an older version of XBMC so I can run Rapier lol... I can't get it to work with the current stable version.
ikarusx3 Wrote:I tried that, too, but have noticed an increase in xbmc crashes, while confluence and qualar mod are really stable with latest svn.

Also, it seems like there may be some graphics changes, as the movie, tvshow and music information popup doesnt have a background, making it very hard to read on a just slightly darkened background:

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/679768/1/xbmc?h=3a9871

I haven't had any crashes. I noticed that the backgrounds didn't work too, but I just added a conditional in the xml files to hide the underlying info when the movieinformation was up. I hardly ever pull it up since the info is already there in the list info 2 and wrap info views.
filigran Wrote:I renamed and moved my Rapier from skin/Rapier to addons/skin.rapier and added an addons.xml and put in the folder, like this (used the confluence one as a reference):

Just a quick fix here for everybody interested in using this fix:

The file has to be named addon.xml for the skin to work.
ikarusx3 Wrote:Just a quick fix here for everybody interested in using this fix:

The file has to be named addon.xml for the skin to work.

Doh, my bad! Ofc it's addon.xml. My original post has been edited.
Ok I did what you guys are talking about here but doesn't seem to get anythign? I don't have an addons menu anywhere and it doesn't show up under skins.

Ok, I updated to latest SVN and now there is an addons section but when I click on the Rapier I made it just goes to the default confluence. Is there like an SVN build of rapier?
filigran Wrote:I haven't had any crashes. I noticed that the backgrounds didn't work too, but I just added a conditional in the xml files to hide the underlying info when the movieinformation was up. I hardly ever pull it up since the info is already there in the list info 2 and wrap info views.
Please:
What should I change to resolve the issue of overlapping texts?
Here are experiencing the same problem mentioned by the user ikarusx3: "Also, it seems like there may be some graphics changes, as the movie, tvshow and music information popup doesnt have a background, making it very hard to read on a just slightly darkened background: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/679768/1/xbmc?h=3a9871"
Tks.
[els] :confused2:
[els];568732 Wrote:Please:
What should I change to resolve the issue of overlapping texts?
Here are experiencing the same problem mentioned by the user ikarusx3: "Also, it seems like there may be some graphics changes, as the movie, tvshow and music information popup doesnt have a background, making it very hard to read on a just slightly darkened background: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/679768/1/xbmc?h=3a9871"
Tks.
[els] :confused2:

Well, I did it like this for my movie view (wrap info):
Open up the file 720p/ViewsMovies.xml and find this line:
Code:
<include name="MoviesWrapListInfoView">

If you use another viewtype, try to find that instead. For instance, if you use fanart view, find "MoviesFanartView" instead. You get the point. The easiest is probably to search for include name= and keep searching till you find your view.

A few lines down (not sure how many, I've added some stuff in my file, but it's this line you're interested in:
Code:
<visible>Control.IsVisible(53)</visible>
(I think that's how it looked like before I changed it, but I'm not sure). It's right above the line
Code:
<include>MediaViewOpenCloseAnim</include>

Change the visible line to display this:
Code:
<visible>Control.IsVisible(53) + !Window.IsVisible(MovieInformation)</visible>

And that should do it. I hope you get it. Smile Just add the same thing for anything else that overlaps. Find it in the xml files, and add !Window.IsVisible(MovieInformation). You need a "+" (plus) sign to tell XBMC that the group has two conditions. "+" means AND.
Hello folks. I am new at xbmc, how do I get the TvShows meny?
I got rapier skin.

Markus
Smile 
filigran Wrote:...Change the visible line to display this:
Code:
<visible>Control.IsVisible(53) + !Window.IsVisible(MovieInformation)</visible>
And that should do it. I hope you get it. Smile Just add the same thing for anything else that overlaps. Find it in the xml files, and add !Window.IsVisible(MovieInformation). You need a "+" (plus) sign to tellXBMC that the group has two conditions. "+" means AND.
filigran.
Thank you very much!!! Nod

OK:
ViewsMovies.xml OK!
I used: <visible>Control.IsVisible(XX) + !Window.IsVisible(MovieInformation)</visible>
ViewsMusic.xml OK!
I used: <visible>Control.IsVisible(XX) + !Window.IsVisible(MusicInformation)</visible>
ViewsTVShows.xml OK!
I used: <visible>Control.IsVisible(XX) + !Window.IsVisible(MovieInformation)</visible>

BUT:
ViewsCommon.xml
I used: <visible>Control.IsVisible(XX) + !Window.IsVisible(MovieInformation) + !Window.IsVisible(MusicInformation)</visible>

LIST, ICON, BIG ICON... Views Common:
MOVIES: OK
TVSHOWS: OK

MUSIC: DON'T... No
MUSIC LIBRARY: OK
MUSIC FILES/ARCHIVES: Not solved. Remained the same problem reported earlier.

Note: In two cases I had to reverse the positions of the lines...

Before:
<include>InfoPaneHiddenSlideAnim</include>
After:

Obrigado (tks).

[els]

Huh Request: Could you check the file ViewCommon.xml, please?
[els];569787 Wrote:filigran.
Thank you very much!!! Nod

OK:
ViewsMovies.xml OK!
ViewsMusic.xml OK!
I used: <visible>Control.IsVisible(XX) + !Window.IsVisible(MusicInformation)</visible>
ViewsTVShows.xml OK!

BUT:
ViewsCommon.xml
I used: <visible>Control.IsVisible(XX) + !Window.IsVisible(MovieInformation) + !Window.IsVisible(MusicInformation)</visible>

LIST, ICON, BIG ICON... Views Common:
MOVIES: OK
TVSHOWS: OK

MUSIC: DON'T... No
MUSIC LIBRARY: OK
MUSIC FILES/ARCHIVES: Not solved. Remained the same problem reported earlier.

Note: In two cases I had to reverse the positions of the lines...

Before:
After:

Obrigado (tks).

[els]

Huh Request: Could you check the file ViewCommon.xml, please?
You're welcome. Smile

I don't think I follow ... you can't get it to hide everything when you have the music information up? In what view?

I don't use XBMC for music myself, but I can have a look at the files if you tell me what exactly you are trying to accomplish. Smile
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 3.060