• 1(current)
[MOD] Rapier Qualar Mod incorporating Rapier 3.0 features
This mod is a full skin replacement. This takes all the features of my previous mod that was based on Rapier 2.0 but adds most of the features of Rapier 3.0.

Rapier 3.0 changed a lot of things so it involved a lot of work to bring the mod up to date. If you find any problems please post them below so I can get them fixed.

The download is quite a bit larger than the original skin because I have included HD Fanart for weather and animated weather icons.

Download Version 3.6 29/5/2010

Download Version 3.81 for Dharma Branch

This MOD adds extra features to the standard Rapier 3.0. The features in this MOD extra to Rapier Include:

Themes: 4 user selectable themes - Blue(default), Orange, Crimson and Lime.

Extra Viewtypes:

3D Wrap View with Trailer playback
Showcase Split View with trailer playback.
Episode List
Wide Slim List
Large Poster View
Wall View
Wide Icon View

Extra Screens:

System Information Screen
New Weather Screen with animated icons and conditional backgrounds (includes support for weather plus)
New Movie information
New OSD

Extra Widgets

cdArt - Animated disks when playing fullscreen music.
TV ClearArt
System Information on Homescreen
Recently added Movies, TV Shows and Music on home screen.
Sub Menus for all main items.

Other features:

Ken Burns effect animated background fanart.
Small Video overlays in certain views.

Example Screenshots:

Image Image

Image Image
Hey Qualar,

If I may ask; is this a mod of your mod to bring in some of the 3.0 features, or have you taken 3.0 and reapplied your features to it?

Also, where does this stand in relation to the beta that certain people received?

Cheers,
Smenus.
Smenus Wrote:Hey Qualar,

If I may ask; is this a mod of your mod to bring in some of the 3.0 features, or have you taken 3.0 and reapplied your features to it?

Also, where does this stand in relation to the beta that certain people received?

Cheers,
Smenus.

It is a hybrid of the 2. The beta i sent out was for this release.
I didnt get my results from the beta in in time.

1. Trailers dont stop in the 3D view. Pressing down starts the trailer over again.

2. 3D Wrap View also needs a scrollbar. I can add in my upcoming mod (with extrathumbs) if you dont think its necessary.

Thats all for now, I'll keep looking, great work man!
igotdvds Wrote:I didnt get my results from the beta in in time.

1. Trailers dont stop in the 3D view. Pressing down starts the trailer over again.

2. 3D Wrap View also needs a scrollbar. I can add in my upcoming mod (with extrathumbs) if you dont think its necessary.

Thats all for now, I'll keep looking, great work man!

1. I have made it X on keyboard or stop on remote to stop the trailer now.

2. I could not think of a good way of having a scrollbar and not interfering with the down for trailers option.
Hi Qualar,

n1 work with this mod.

I have one problem. I'd prefer to have the Seekbar from the original Rapier 3.0 Skin.

I replaced your DialogSeekbar.xml with the original but that didn't do the trick.
Only half of the Information is visible.

It would be great if you could give me a hint how I could get the original Seekbar working.

Greetz
MeierKurt
My guess is it's using a different <font> for what's not showing.

Example:

<label>$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</label>
<font>SeekbarSmall</font>

if "SeekbarSmall" is not in font.xml, that would cause certain sections of text not to show...I haven't downloaded the skin but thats my guess
MeierKurt Wrote:Hi Qualar,

n1 work with this mod.

I have one problem. I'd prefer to have the Seekbar from the original Rapier 3.0 Skin.

I replaced your DialogSeekbar.xml with the original but that didn't do the trick.
Only half of the Information is visible.

It would be great if you could give me a hint how I could get the original Seekbar working.

Greetz
MeierKurt

mcboza is correct. You will need to change the fonts and fontcolor.
My posters are cut off on the sides in the showcase view. Seems to be trimming them on the sides instead of scaling. Any ideas?
igotdvds Wrote:My posters are cut off on the sides in the showcase view. Seems to be trimming them on the sides instead of scaling. Any ideas?

Which showcase view. Movies showcase split view or TV Shows shaowcase?
qualar Wrote:Which showcase view. Movies showcase split view or TV Shows shaowcase?

Movie showcase.
Well done. Great work. I have one little issue that im not sure if you know how to fix. So basically I rip all of my files as .ISO files; therefore when scanning in a tv show, say "Scrubs" for example, in the recently added feature, all 5 of the newest episodes are from the one file. Other mods i've used have made it so it is done in a show based manner. So if I upload an entire season at once it wouldnt hold every spot, just the one spot, and some of my other TV shows would be displayed. Any help with this?
The skin operates really great, the only thing I noticed so far was that the 3d wrap view mode is definitely darker than the other view modes. The posters and fanart look like they have a dim switch put on them almost, is that on purpose? If so, is there a way to remove that "dimness" via an xml file? I think that view mode would look really good if it was the same darkness as the other movie views
Kyle Reese Wrote:The skin operates really great, the only thing I noticed so far was that the 3d wrap view mode is definitely darker than the other view modes. The posters and fanart look like they have a dim switch put on them almost, is that on purpose? If so, is there a way to remove that "dimness" via an xml file? I think that view mode would look really good if it was the same darkness as the other movie views

I will look into this and fix it in the next update.
igotdvds Wrote:My posters are cut off on the sides in the showcase view. Seems to be trimming them on the sides instead of scaling. Any ideas?

How much is it trimming. If it is just a little it could be down to the diffuse image that I am using to give the covers curved corners. If you feel it is cropping too much upload a screenshot and I will have a look at fixing.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Rapier Qualar Mod incorporating Rapier 3.0 features1