[MOD] home-menu hacking
Trying to make an Apple Movie Trailers button... but I clearly don't know what I'm doing

Code:
<item id="12">
    <label>Trailers</label>
    <onclick>runScript(script://AppleMovieTrailers/)</onclick>
    <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/amt.jpg</icon>
    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Scripts_Folder)]</thumb>
</item>

I guess being able to find favorites.xml (for the path) and knowing what the <thumb></thumb> was referring to may help me.

Edit: Anyone come up with a blu-ray submenu? I guess it would require your blu-ray movies to be in a separate folder from your SD movies and then you could just change a couple things in the anime script above this post.

Edit 2: Just read something in another thread about using a smart playlist rather than separate folders... might have to look into that.
ok. i have an idea.
@zosky: great work, i must say. i am having a crap time following your guide, though. very little experience and all. So, as a learning tool, can you either post a copy of your entire home.xml file, or at least email it to me? I would like to put them up side by side to compare them to find where i am going wrong...
Anyone out there: recreate the home.xml file with a few menu additions with subs already there, waiting there, ready to be renamed. put some sort of container around each menu block so its overlooked until one purposefully activates it by removing said container.

it seems like there are so many people out there just like me that are ready and willing to learn to do things on our own. we just need some help getting the ball rolling. we understand that those of you who are good at this have a life and don't always have time for our noob requests. I would like to personally thank those who have put in the work. xbmc is a great project.
Jason
I wonder if anyone can help me.
I had this working perfectly, but then I had to re-install raspbmc completely because of a bad nightly build that wouldn't allow me to access my raspbmc settings.
Now for some reason, I am not authorized to edit home.xml.
Does anyone have any ideas on why this might be?
I've been trying to figure it out for a while and I cant.
Thanks
That sounds like a raspbmc (OS) permissions issue and is not skin specific. You may have to use sudo to edit and save changes to system files.
Would I be able to create Menu Items with sub menu's.

Like Sports, Kids, Docs, Comedy to go with the rest of the main menu Items
(2014-03-18, 23:15)Apostle Wrote: Would I be able to create Menu Items with sub menu's.

Like Sports, Kids, Docs, Comedy to go with the rest of the main menu Items

I had it working, not with sub-menu's but with custom menu buttons. After upgrading to Gotham I lost it, the buttons are still there, but the link with specific folders on the server is lost.

working on it
How would you do this in 14.2? Id like to add documentaries to my main menu?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] home-menu hacking0