XBMC 9.11: Camelot - video playback not working on GeForce3 Ti 200
Hi,

I've decided to start using media center software on my PC. After some investigation I've chosen XBMC. First I started using version 9.0.4.1 and it worked. When 9.11 was released I've installed it. The GUI part seems to work ok but when playing video in place of video screen all I see is white rectangle. All of the other GUI widgets still seem to look ok.

My PC is:
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2000+
Mem: 512 MB
Gfx: GeForce3 Ti 200
Gfx driver: 91.47 Forceware
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

I know it's ancient but the most demanding app it is supposed to run is video playback and so far it was perfectly capable. I learned that one of the major changes in Camelot is switch from OpenGL to Direct3D 9. I know GeForce3 supports D3D 9 but probably some capability used by XBMC is not supported (most shaders come to mind). Is it feasible to make Camelot work on GeForce3 class hardware? I'm a programmer and I've managed to build XBMC on my own so I could test fixes on my hardware. Actually the good news is that I've built GL version and it seems to work. So GeForce3 is capable to play the video in Camelot just not in D3D version.

I wanted to attach logs from running D3D version and DxDiag report but I'm not allowed to post attachments.

Thanks.
Information 
Hi Martinez1,

I´m quite sure you are not alone with this prob.
Have a look here: White screen when playing movies
oops, my bad Smile I was so sure it is only related to my soo ancient hardware that I didn't bother to check other topics. Thanks for the heads up!
Edit: Admins please move my post to correct topic. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 9.11: Camelot - video playback not working on GeForce3 Ti 2000