[IDEA] Wall info view
After looking at the screenshots for Rapier 3.0 i got a little idea for a new movie view, but since iv never done any skinning i have no idea where to start by modding a skin.

So instead i just put together a quick mockup in photoshop and figured id post it here and see if any of the modders like it enough to realize my idea Smile

(sorry if i should have posted this somewhere else)
mistenkt Wrote:After looking at the screenshots for Rapier 3.0 i got a little idea for a new movie view, but since iv never done any skinning i have no idea where to start by modding a skin.

So instead i just put together a quick mockup in photoshop and figured id post it here and see if any of the modders like it enough to realize my idea Smile

(sorry if i should have posted this somewhere else)

This would be FANTASTIC!!! I dont know where to start though!
Looks pretty neat. Could be a nice mod, or something I might do.
As long as anyone makes it im happy Smile
scarfa Wrote:Looks pretty neat. Could be a nice mod, or something I might do.

I would help in any way I could. I cant code the wall side but I could assist with layout and alignment which can be tedious and annoying. Let me know. This would be an amazing view.
+1
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

working on a mod for it now Smile
Wannabegt and myself are looking at collaborating to produce this view.
Since this is the first time iv done any skin modding its not as good as i would have liked. I dunno how to set conditions so i had to make two seperate mods (one for those who have the menu always on, and one for those who have it hidden unless selected).

This mod replaces the original Wall views for movies.

Also theres a few other issues i have no idea how to fix:

^^ Bottom covers and those to the right side kinda fall out of the picture. dunno how to fix it, but under is a pic of how i want it to look, if any real modders could have a look at it :p

--

besides from that it works lol. files are here for anyone who wanna use it or make it into a proper mod without these issues Smile

http://mistenkt.com/temp/xbmc/mod.rar
qualar Wrote:Wannabegt and myself I looking at collaborating to produce this view.

great news! Big Grin
It looks like you've pretty much got it. The animations just need to be changed conditional to what row and column you have selected. If you want to have a go at it feel free. I'll be at work all day and won't have time to look at it for about 6 or 7 hours. If you're not comfortable with it that's fine I'll do it when I get home tonight.
i would if i knew how to.

but im in no hurry to have this done, so if u wanna look at it after work then that would be the best i think Smile
Hmm, I always liked Wallview, did request the view for MiniMeedia a long time ago.
Skunk didn't made the view because it was out of concept. (fanart skin!).... he's right!

Still it's a great view and was looking into adding to MiniMeedia Waffa!
You can hide the views in my skin anyway so...
But your idea of wallview goes better with the MiniMeedia concept (show me the fanart!)

So if you don't mind, I might use your idea of wallview Big Grin
mistenkt Wrote:i would if i knew how to.

but im in no hurry to have this done, so if u wanna look at it after work then that would be the best i think Smile

When you get the wallview part sorted I will integrate with the ListInfo 2 viewtye to save duplication of code and also allows to keep the original wallview intact.
I remember why the original wall view I did took so long. There are nine animations, one for each edge and each corner of the wall plus one in the middle. They must all be duplicated and changed for this view now that the covers have shrunk. This is time consuming as to make it look perfect requires much trial and error due to the way xbmc handles positioning of items relative to each other. It may not be done tonight. Maybe tomorrow though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[IDEA] Wall info view0