IR blasting with MCE and Windows 7?
I have recently switched from XP to Windows 7 (ultimate) and at the same time I made the switch from MediaPortal to XBMC. So far I have been very satisfied on both accounts except that there was no built-in way to configure my MCE remote to work properly with XBMC.

I tried EventGhost which seems to have all the functions I need and I found out I could even set up IR blasting so I can use my MCE remote to control my TV... now, a week later, I'm very frustrated!

When I try to use the Transmit IR function in EG it just hangs after I press Learn. I have tried the MCE driver replacement and then EG doesn't recognize any keypresses at all (I guess it's not compatible with W7?).
I have just tried HIP which doesn't recognize anything from any of my remotes with the original driver or the replacement one and the IR Server Suite has been a baffling experience without any recognition of any remote or driver either.

Can someone help me out here? What do I need to be able to use my MCE remote with XBMC on Windows 7 and at the same time run IR blasting to control my TV?
For Win7 + EventGhost + IR Blasting, you need to use the following plugin/service for EventGhost

http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopi...f=2&t=1789

I've been using it for about 2 weeks (with blasting to switch sources on my tv) and it's pretty good (but still beta). Blasting & learning has been working fairly flawlessly though.

Things to remember...
-After you add the plugin to your eventghost config, REMOVE THE ORIGINAL MCE REMOTE PLUGIN (disabling it isn't good enough - this had me pulling my hair out for quite some time)

-Also, you'll probably have to restart evenghost after adding the plugin and removing the old one. If your remote presses are showing up in eventghost as garbage, restart eventghost.

-You'll have to remap all your remote commands (since the events triggered by the new plugin are named differently than the events triggered by the old plugin). BUT, you can delete the old mce plugin without deleting all the button mappings, so leave the old mappings be, in case you decide to go back to the original mce remote plugin.

Check the link above for more info (as this question is almost definitely more suited to the EventGhost forums)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR blasting with MCE and Windows 7?0