All scraping issues, look here!
Hi guys!

I have a problem with the scraper if TV episodes are in upper case only. I have had this problem with every version I ever used, so it feels like a common problem, but I can't find any information about it. I'm at work so I can't provide a debug log right now, I just thought I asked first if it was a common problem. I'm using the default TV scraper (thetvdb.com I think).

This file would not work:
SUPERNATURAL - S05 E01 - SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL 720p DD5.1 ITUNES MMI.mkv

This would:
Supernatural.S05E04.The.End.DD51.720p.WEB-DL.AVC-FUSiON.mkv

Thanks!
this message has been deleted.
UglyBob Wrote:Hi guys!

I have a problem with the scraper if TV episodes are in upper case only. I have had this problem with every version I ever used, so it feels like a common problem, but I can't find any information about it. I'm at work so I can't provide a debug log right now, I just thought I asked first if it was a common problem. I'm using the default TV scraper (thetvdb.com I think).

This would:

Thanks!

pretty sure that has more to do with the space between the season and the episode than the fact that it's in all caps. make it S05E01 and it should work.
furii Wrote:pretty sure that has more to do with the space between the season and the episode than the fact that it's in all caps. make it S05E01 and it should work.

Ah, ok! I'll try that! But as many releases seem to have this format, maybe it should be added to the regexps (or however it is done) in the scraper too? I'll try if this is the case when I get home anyway...
UglyBob Wrote:Hi guys!

This would:

Thanks!

Hi - the only issue with the file in question is as furii has already stated, the space between the season and episode. The only files that I can see so far that are affected are the 1st 3 of the season you describe - the uploader for reasons only known to him/herself decided to name them that way. After that the naming convention reverts to the normal and the rest of the series should scrape OK.
UglyBob Wrote:Ah, ok! I'll try that! But as many releases seem to have this format, maybe it should be added to the regexps (or however it is done) in the scraper too? I'll try if this is the case when I get home anyway...

looks like you're not the only one having this problem. check out this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=72550

but basically you can just add
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <tvshowmatching>
    <regex>.*? - S([0-9]+) EP([0-9]+).*</regex>
  </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>
to your advancedsettings.xml and it should hopefully scrape correctly.
furii Wrote:looks like you're not the only one having this problem. check out this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=72550

but basically you can just add
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <tvshowmatching>
    <regex>.*? - S([0-9]+) EP([0-9]+).*</regex>
  </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>
to your advancedsettings.xml and it should hopefully scrape correctly.

I triead renaming the file and it works yes! I will try your additional match as well, thanks a lot!

steelman1991: Yes, I believe also that it was just those episodes, but I have had the same problem with other tv series as well, so it would be nice if it could handle most cases without renaming.
UglyBob Wrote:I triead renaming the file and it works yes! I will try your additional match as well, thanks a lot!

steelman1991: Yes, I believe also that it was just those episodes, but I have had the same problem with other tv series as well, so it would be nice if it could handle most cases without renaming.

Glad the rename worked, but your right about the regexp so you don't have to carry this out every time - seems the uploader has bucked with convention and decided to name using a totally unconventional method - hope furii' s solution helps.
steelman1991 Wrote:Glad the rename worked, but your right about the regexp so you don't have to carry this out every time - seems the uploader has bucked with convention and decided to name using a totally unconventional method - hope furii' s solution helps.

I guess it SHOULD work, but it doesn't for me for some reason. I see in the log that is loads my advancedsettings.xml, but it doesn't match any new episodes. Is there any way for me to enable specific debug of the scraping, so I can check why it doesn't match?

Edit: I guess changing the debug level is the way to go...
Why can't I show "Movie Information"? All I get now is "Server is most likely unavailable" (last 2 days). IMDB has hardly been down for 2 days. And why would I anyway need any internet connection at all to SHOW "Movie Information"?

debug log: http://pastebin.com/gWeHsrKZ
Lol, seems I had turned off scraping on my movie directory. I thought scraping was only for downloading the info, not for viewing movie information and changing thumb/fanart.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All scraping issues, look here!1