[MOD] Movies Library - Wallstream with Bluray/DVD cases
aphillippe Wrote:thrasherx's post got me thinking. Would people be interested in having the dvd/bluray cases across all the confluence views? Especially if it's as a skin setting?

I could look at putting the poster image and png overlay code in a separate xml that could be included on any view, built in or custom. Then you could just replace any poster control with the include line. Shouldn't be too difficult (famous last words!).

(kicks back and waits to see this happen) Good luck man, sounds TOUGH! If you need me, PM me.
aphillippe Wrote:thrasherx's post got me thinking. Would people be interested in having the dvd/bluray cases across all the confluence views? Especially if it's as a skin setting?

I could look at putting the poster image and png overlay code in a separate xml that could be included on any view, built in or custom. Then you could just replace any poster control with the include line. Shouldn't be too difficult (famous last words!).

Yeah that sounds great. I know that it's sometimes easier said than done though. Would it be possible to make two groups for each view (one for the normal overlay, and one for the case) and then just use the <visible> tag to check for the condition of the new option? I haven't done any skin coding in a little while, so I'm having a hard time remembering.
a Big plus 1
I would love to have:

an option to not have the animation - replaced by the normal focused blue glow in confluence.

to have a custom png overlay on every view in the skin. I use custom thumbs for my HD movies, and I'd much rather have a png file that displays on top of each one rather than go into photoshop for each new HD film, create a tbn file, etc.

This is awesome by the way!
aphillippe Wrote:This is a personalised view I made that was missing from Confluence, so I thought I'd upload it for others to use.

1) The DVD case is applied by default if no resolution is found (e.g. XBMC won't automatically find video_TS.ifo info until the file is played).

2) The animation from unfocused to focused is a bit suspect (mismatched between the case control and the poster control). If anyone can work out how to fix it, please post!

3) This overwrites the default thumbnail view, so if you use that view anywhere in xbmc, please don't install this! (On reflection, it would probably have been better to add this as a new view).

Edit: Wallstream is now it's own view. Does not overwrite thumbnail view.

5) The fanart is still loaded into the background, but is pretty much redundant. Anyone know how to turn this off?

Edit: Fanart now disabled.

6) This is my first foray into modding skins, so any observations, comments etc would be welcome.

Installation:
1) Unzip Confluence folder from rar file over your existing confluence folder

Download file here

aphillippe

After I overwrite my existing confluence folder, what do I do next to get the movie photo to display properly? Is there step by step on how to do this? It looks awsome. Do I have download the picture from the website? What is the best way to convert the DVD so that XBMC can read it? DVD to avi file?

Thanks in advance. I 'm just install XMBC and would like to know more how it works.
Updated:

- Added Toggle Cases switch in misc options (in view on left) to turn off the bluray/dvd cases and revert to a standard Confluence style.
- Added Classification logos. Please note, currently uses fultotop's BBFC logos and spacing, so MPAA logos look messed up. I will add another switch to swap between MPAA and BBFC (or maybe use the main xbmc location setting) in my next release
- Slightly tweaked animation
-Added icon for movie sets.
homerunkevin Wrote:aphillippe

After I overwrite my existing confluence folder, what do I do next to get the movie photo to display properly? Is there step by step on how to do this? It looks awsome. Do I have download the picture from the website? What is the best way to convert the DVD so that XBMC can read it? DVD to avi file?

Thanks in advance. I 'm just install XBMC and would like to know more how it works.
Do you mean getting your movie files into the library? If you do, i recommend reading the wiki. Short answer is:

1) Rip DVDs to movie folders, iso, avi, whatever you want.
2) Make sure your files or folders are named properly (check wiki).
3) Add your folders as a source in videos.
4) Set the content to movies, choose tvdb or imdb as scraper.

XBMC will then scan the folders and add any files that fit it's naming structure to the movie library.

But seriously, read the wiki. It's all there.
aphillippe Wrote:Updated:

- Added Toggle Cases switch in misc options (in view on left) to turn off the bluray/dvd cases and revert to a standard Confluence style.

i went to fix a bug in my 3.col mod. i ended up combining both ... now we've reached the same place HuhLaugh

w/ added a toggle
( changed to 'show cases' after the cap )

non-case view
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
aphillippe Wrote:Updated:

- Added Classification logos. Please note, currently uses fultotop's BBFC logos and spacing, so MPAA logos look messed up. I will add another switch to swap between MPAA and BBFC (or maybe use the main xbmc location setting) in my next release
- Slightly tweaked animation
-Added icon for movie sets.

Could you update again and just add my view into it and give it another name?
igotdvds Wrote:Could you update again and just add my view into it and give it another name?

Yeah, I was going to do that next. Is your latest update considered final? (not that anything really is ever finished)
zosky Wrote:i ended up combining both ... now we've reached the same place Huh

Great minds think alike, I guess!

I thought you were going more for the tv episodes thumbnail view?
Update:
-Added Igotdvds' half wall view

I will add the movie sets icon, cases toggle etc. to the half wall view at some point soon to keep the two views consistent.
aphillippe Wrote:Yeah, I was going to do that next. Is your latest update considered final? (not that anything really is ever finished)

I updated the link in my thread, I changed the lines on the left side to be a little brighter.

"For now", it is finished.
For this wallstream view, where is the skin pulling the cover art from?

When I'm not in library view, the covers show fine in thumbnail view. However, when I go into this wallstream library view, I see the default film reel along side the proper plot and character data.

My files are stored remotely on WHS and I'm using the myMovies add-in in XBMC mode. However, I don't think this has anything to do with my issue, as it displays fine in the thumbs view.

Thanks.
gipper Wrote:For this wallstream view, where is the skin pulling the cover art from?

When I'm not in library view, the covers show fine in thumbnail view. However, when I go into this wallstream library view, I see the default film reel along side the proper plot and character data.

My files are stored remotely on WHS and I'm using the myMovies add-in in XBMC mode. However, I don't think this has anything to do with my issue, as it displays fine in the thumbs view.

Thanks.

This view uses the XBMC system poster image. Any movie properly scraped into the library should have one. I think the problem lies with your library, and when you're in file mode, XBMC is just reading the folder.jpg in each folder. Until you've properly scanned the movies into the library, XBMC won't add those .jpg files into it's internal library database.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Movies Library - Wallstream with Bluray/DVD cases0