[Live] Shouldn't XBMC play the core DTS track of an .m2ts DTS-HD file?
I've done lots of reading about this and I'm confused.

I back up my Blu-ray movies by ripping them to the hard drive with AnyDVD HD and remuxing them with TSMuxer. If I remux a movie with Dolby True-HD, the video and audio play well. If I remux a movie with DTS-HD, the video plays well, but there is no audio. I've also tried checking the box on TSMuxer that strips the DTS-HD to its core while remuxing, but to no avail. It was my understanding that XBMC, though it does not support DTS-HD and Dolby True-HD, would at least play the core audio. I've read many posts (my understanding of them anyway) of users that say they rip mt2s files with DTS-HD audio and they get sound. I don't care if it plays the HD audio. It just seems silly to back my movie up with anything but the best audio, so as to future proof the backup.

I'm running a Acer Aspire Revo R3610 with the stable Camelot build from the download page. It's running off of a USB drive for now. I run it directly to a Samsung LCD (860 series) via HDMI. If it matters, (in the audio settings of XBMC), I have the audio device and pass through set to HDMI. I also have the downmix to stereo button selected. Everything in ALSAmixer is unmuted.

Any ideas?
Anyone have an answer to this?
DTS-HD should normally work.. You could try disabling passthrough of dts and see if you get audio (it should decode aswell)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

In my experience you're in for a world of DTS problems when you run your digital audio into your TV directly (as opposed to running it into a receiver, then your TV). Most TV's can't do DTS, and if they have toslink cables to route to your receiver, then almost always only pass 2 channels.
Wow...

I just backed up a DVD to .iso format with DTS 5.1 audio. The video was fine. The audio did not play. Then I read elupus and deepblue's post. Duh! Talk about a head slapper. Of course the TV can't decode DTS. As soon as I unchecked "DTS capable receiver" in the settings, it all worked.

Thanks again guys.

I say it every time, but this forum and the people in it are great!
Glad it helped man - and for the record, we ALL come here to get questions answered Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] Shouldn't XBMC play the core DTS track of an .m2ts DTS-HD file?0