File History
Is it possible to see the played file history? Kind of like in Windows, I can see recently viewed documents. Is this functionality or logging available in XBMC?
I also miss this important feature. I am using Zoom Player and you can see them. It's a very simple yet useful list of your last played files.
Is it that common to rewatch a movie or episode?

For music I see it usefull though.
Music has topX feature in the library, not the same, just a fyi if missed.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
It's a very trivial and important feature and it is not for re-watching.

You don't always watch something in a go. Sometimes I watch 20 minutes of something, then I watch half of something else and then I watch a third thing. With the History list, I can rapidly go to my first file and resume it.

One other important use is imagine you quit XBMC in the middle of a show. Then later when you come back, you want to find rapidly and resume the show you were watching.
Try some memory training Smile
It's not about memory, it's about ease of use. I am surprised that XBMC looks pretty and have all the bells and whistles but misses this.
Sounds like a good feature to add.
Zodler Wrote:It's a very trivial and important feature and it is not for re-watching.

You don't always watch something in a go. Sometimes I watch 20 minutes of something, then I watch half of something else and then I watch a third thing. With the History list, I can rapidly go to my first file and resume it.

One other important use is imagine you quit XBMC in the middle of a show. Then later when you come back, you want to find rapidly and resume the show you were watching.
It does automatically go back to the last one viewed!!
If that don't work for you then may i suggest you use old fashioned pen and paper.
How hard can it be
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Again, you people are amazing. This is not about memory. Instead of feeling defensive like someone is attacking your ..... open up your mind, think a little, go out a little maybe, then think a little more, you will find that this is a nice feature that could be implemented.

Is that your answer? take a pen? really? Think a little before speaking.
Ok Zodler. You got your answer that it doesn't have the feature. It's obviously not wanted or needed by many or it would have been asked for in the past. But you want it. So go make a feature request for it. Dont take smartass remarks too seriously in here. Sometimes playing around and jokes dont translate well to simple text.
.!
Zodler Wrote:Again, you people are amazing. This is not about memory. Instead of feeling defensive like someone is attacking your ..... open up your mind, think a little, go out a little maybe, then think a little more, you will find that this is a nice feature that could be implemented.

Is that your answer? take a pen? really? Think a little before speaking.
Go take a chill pill or whatever floats your boat. Go file a feture request if you need it making so easy you never know they may just add it.
Sorry you took offenseOo
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
The db should contain last played info, its unsure if it needs to play through for it to be updated but that can be changed. If anyone is interested in checking (I don't really have time Smile ). If this data exist in the db one can make a script like the recently added to get and use the data.

Personally I like the feature if done correct, not that I very often begin watching but still its a non intrusive feature if done correctly. Up to the skinner though.

I suggest, start playing a movie (not finish it) and check the db if it updates via sqlite. if it updates db then its possible already, if it doesn't make a ticket for that (read wiki how to do a proper trac ticket).

Hopefully the new library can contain these types of features more easily.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Zodler Wrote:It's not about memory

Zodler Wrote:This is not about memory.

clearly it is. repetition is the first sign of an aging mind.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File History0