Unable to stream from PC
Hi All,

I have googled and searched these forums endlessly and have been unable to find a solution.

I have all my videos stored on my PC. I want to be able to access these on my macbook via XBMC. I was trying to do this via SMB which I have sucsessfuly working on my XBOX. When I try to add the PC source on the Macbook XBMC it will find my PC but then it will not show any of the folders that I have set to be shared.

Does anyone have any idea of what I'm doing wrong? As I said, this streaming works flawlessly on the XBOX but I seem to be unable to get anything to stream with the Macbook. I don't care what method I use, I just want to be able to stream these files from my PC via XBMC on my Macbook.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
-Clipper
What version of windows are your running? I ran into this issue with SMB and windows 7 shares. It turned out that the Windows Live Assistant was causing the issue and needed to be un-installed. Fixed my issue right away.
The best way to get SMB working is to set the path manually yourself, and to give it a username and password for your windows account that can access the shares.
How did you set up the share on your PC? Try allowing "anyone" access and not provide credentials, or vise versa as Vincent said

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to stream from PC0