• 7(current)
Will the Boxee Box Remote work with XBMC (on any hardware other than the Boxee Box?)?
jhsrennie Wrote:
Code:
DEBUG: WinEventsWin32.cpp: APPCOMMAND 14

The play/pause button is sending an appcommand message not a keypress. In XBMC v10.1 there is no way to change the action of appcommands so can't modify the action of the play/pause button.

The current development builds (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/) do allow you to change the appcommand actions, though note that the development builds can be a bit buggy.

JR

Ok, thanks! Thats on probablem pretty eaisly solved, I should probably update anyway.

Any hope for the other two?
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <appcommand>
      <14>ContextMenu</14>
    </appcommand>
  </global>
<FullscreenVideo>
<appcommand>
<14>Play</14>
</appcommand>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

What am I doing wrong here? I'm on the latest nightly build trying to make the play/pause button (appcommand 14 according to the debug log) Do ContextMenu in the Menu and Play/Pause in fullscreen.
Try:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <appcommand>
      <play_pause>ContextMenu</play_pause>
    </appcommand>
  </global>
</keymap>

The appcommand mapping, and for that matter the mouse mapping, isn't documented yet because it's still subject to change. When we freeze in preparation for the Eden beta I will write a Wiki article.

JR
anyone ever find out how to remap the play button? i'm assuming all the other keys are just keyboard counterparts, like the directional pad corresponds to the arrow keys, the menu button is escape, the keyboard half of the remote simply matches up with the keyboard?
The Play button is the same as a multimedia keyboard's play button.
ok, great, thanks for the confirmation. any idea on how to remap it? i would like to make it the "back" button for xbmc since there's no use for a play button, at least not for me. will this work yet if using one of the nightlies?

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <appcommand>
    </appcommand>
  </global>
</keymap>
@wolfbiker: enable debug logging and press the Play button a few times then look in the debug log to see what signal XBMC is receiving.

JR
The debugger says

Code:
DEBUG: WinEventsWin32.cpp: APPCOMMAND 14

So I setup
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
      <appcommand>
        <14>ContextMenu</14>
    </appcommand>
  </global>
</keymap>

Which gives me an error, and doesn't work

Code:
ERROR: Error loading keymap: special://profile/keymaps/keyboard.xml, Line 4
                                            Error reading end tag.

If I replace 14 with play_pause, then I don't get an error, but the button still doesn't change it's behavior.

I know things are still in Beta, so is it possible this is a Beta specific problem? Or am I doing something wrong?
Did someone find out how to remap the play_pause button yet?

Edit:

It does work like this:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
  </global>
</keymap>

without the appcommand
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
With the Motorola Hybrid remote there are some buttons, when i click on it a screen open-up, when i click it a second time on that same button the screen closes. All under the same key

For the family it is not that logical that there are some buttons that does work like that. And with other buttons, you have to hit the back button. Is there a way to accomplish this?
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will the Boxee Box Remote work with XBMC (on any hardware other than the Boxee Box?)?0