[MAC] Compiling XBMCHelper for AppleTV?
I am compiling the XBMCHelper application on a Mac Mini. I did a bit of a hack to it so it would work better with the Plex remote setup on a Harmony. I used the lastseenRemoteID to modify the key ID sent to the event server so I can get many more buttons.

I made the changes and ran it on my Mac Mini and it works great. I now get about 88 different button IDs.

I want to now use this on my Apple TV. I replaced the XBMCHelper file in the only location I could find on the Apple TV which was in this directory:

/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/XBMCLauncher.frappliance/Contents/Resources/MultiFinder.app/Contents/Resources/

I replaced this file with my own version, change the permissions and attributes and rebooted the ATV.

The changes I made have no effect. With the changes I made the remote should not work at all until I made changes to my keymap file so its as if this file is not being run on the ATV at all.

I ran the file from a putty session

-bash-2.05b$ sudo ./xbmchelper
2010-01-05 17:50:32.348 xbmchelper[182] XBMCHelper 0.7 starting up...
2010-01-05 17:50:33.453 xbmchelper[182] [ERROR] Driver has not found any remotes it could use. Will use remotes as they become available.

I am not sure if this is because another version was running while I launched this or that the compilation I made can indeed not find the IR Hardware.

Could someone shed some light on how the XBMCHelper works on the ATV compared to a normal MAC?

Do I have to change my compiler environment to specifically compile it for an AppleTV?

Thanks
Shawn
slammers Wrote:I am compiling the XBMCHelper application on a Mac Mini. I did a bit of a hack to it so it would work better with the Plex remote setup on a Harmony. I used the lastseenRemoteID to modify the key ID sent to the event server so I can get many more buttons.

I made the changes and ran it on my Mac Mini and it works great. I now get about 88 different button IDs.

I want to now use this on my Apple TV. I replaced the XBMCHelper file in the only location I could find on the Apple TV which was in this directory:

/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/XBMCLauncher.frappliance/Contents/Resources/MultiFinder.app/Contents/Resources/

I replaced this file with my own version, change the permissions and attributes and rebooted the ATV.

The changes I made have no effect. With the changes I made the remote should not work at all until I made changes to my keymap file so its as if this file is not being run on the ATV at all.

I ran the file from a putty session

-bash-2.05b$ sudo ./xbmchelper
2010-01-05 17:50:32.348 xbmchelper[182] XBMCHelper 0.7 starting up...
2010-01-05 17:50:33.453 xbmchelper[182] [ERROR] Driver has not found any remotes it could use. Will use remotes as they become available.

I am not sure if this is because another version was running while I launched this or that the compilation I made can indeed not find the IR Hardware.

Could someone shed some light on how the XBMCHelper works on the ATV compared to a normal MAC?

Do I have to change my compiler environment to specifically compile it for an AppleTV?

Thanks
Shawn

Launcher handles passing IR commands to XBMC on the AppleTV, XBMCHelper is actually remove when xbmc is installed.
Thanks, I guess that explains that.

Is there a way to remotely debug the launcher session on the ATV from XCode running on a Mac?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Compiling XBMCHelper for AppleTV?0