[WINDOWS] Remap right mouse button?
Hi guys,

I've just finished setting up my XBMC setup through Win XP using my VRC-1100 remote (Using Eventghost). All appears to be working fine accept the one button that is giving me grief!

Using a combination of HID and keyboard mapping all the keys work except the (I) key - info. It actually works as the right mouse button. So far I have been unable to find a way in Eventghost to remap a mouse button press, I was hoping there may be some way to accomplish this through XBMC natively (similar to Keymap.xml etc). As im using XBMC as the shell I really have no need for an actual right mouse button and would rather the (info) button work as the context menu.

I'll be posting up a short how to for this remote when im done cause there seem to be a lot of people having issues with it but this one button is driving me berserk.

Thanks in advance
Somewhere the driver is sending a WM_RBUTTONDOWN event?? Who would do such a thing - it never ceases to amaze me.

There's certainly not a solution from XBMC - after all, a WM_RBUTTONDOWN event should at the very least depend on where the mouse is.

Your best bet is looking for some software that can remap a mouse button event to a key event.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

On modern keyboards there is usually a key next to right ctrl that does the same as a rightclick would do with a mouse, maybe that is the way to go, finding out what kind of command pressing that sends out..
I will dig in a little deeper and see what i can come up with..

EDIT:
Seems like <c>ContextMenu</c> does the same as rightclick, so you might get more lucky with that command.
If however this information has nothing at all to do with what you are trying to accomplish I apologize.

EDIT2: seems like you want to get rid of rightclick menu, so you can completely ignore this post, sorry.
mhouston100 Wrote:Hi guys,

I've just finished setting up my XBMC setup through Win XP using my VRC-1100 remote (Using Eventghost). All appears to be working fine accept the one button that is giving me grief!

Using a combination of HID and keyboard mapping all the keys work except the (I) key - info. It actually works as the right mouse button. So far I have been unable to find a way in Eventghost to remap a mouse button press, I was hoping there may be some way to accomplish this through XBMC natively (similar to Keymap.xml etc). As im using XBMC as the shell I really have no need for an actual right mouse button and would rather the (info) button work as the context menu.

I'll be posting up a short how to for this remote when im done cause there seem to be a lot of people having issues with it but this one button is driving me berserk.

Thanks in advance

What hardware options did you use in Eventghost? Generid HID?
I have a VRC-1100 myself, and on current builds of XBMC it works "out of the box" with no messing with Eventghost or whatever needed.

However the i button does indeed send a right mouse click, and you would need some helper software to get round this.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:I have a VRC-1100 myself, and on current builds of XBMC it works "out of the box" with no messing with Eventghost or whatever needed.

However the i button does indeed send a right mouse click, and you would need some helper software to get round this.

JR

Hi,

Can you give me any pointers as to how to get the (i) button functioning correctly? I have the exact remote with XBMCLIVE

I've also tried getting the old xbox remote working with the VRC-1100 reciever...but no luck! Huh

Thanks in advance

Stuee
There is no way to remap the action of a right mouse click. I had a look through the code that handles mouse events, and allowing mapping of mouse events to actions in a keyboard.xml fashion would be a lot of work for (it seems to me) very little reward.

So you aren't going to get the "i" button working on the VRC-1100 without using some helper software to trap and remap the right mouse click. However you could map one of the four coloured buttons or the four buttons below them to the Info action. I've updated http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Contr...s#VRC-1100 to include the mappings you need for those eight buttons.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:There is no way to remap the action of a right mouse click. I had a look through the code that handles mouse events, and allowing mapping of mouse events to actions in a keyboard.xml fashion would be a lot of work for (it seems to me) very little reward.

So you aren't going to get the "i" button working on the VRC-1100 without using some helper software to trap and remap the right mouse click. However you could map one of the four coloured buttons or the four buttons below them to the Info action. I've updated http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Contr...s#VRC-1100 to include the mappings you need for those eight buttons.

JR

Thanks for this, i;ll give it a go, although i'm a noobie at Linux, been using an old xbox up to a week ago!

I take it that i have to put those lines in the keyboard.xml file in the top section....

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>

then i need to find the <info> bit further down?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks

Stuee
@stuee: read http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC before you do anything, particularly the last couple of sections. If you use Linux then your userdata folder is $home/.xbmc/userdata so the full path to your keyboard.xml file is $home/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml. You need to create this file with your required mappings. There is a link to a sample keyboard.xml file in the above article. Note that you need a recent build. The release version of v9.11 does not process key modifiers like ctrl and shift.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Remap right mouse button?0