Option to Flatten Movies in Movie Sets Back Into Main List
literaldeluxe Wrote:It would be nice to have a GUI option to flatten movies in Sets back into the main list (ignore the "Set" tag and eliminate the Set submenus). Using the Die Hard example from http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Movie_Sets, *after* the movies have been put into a Set...

Normal view (with 3 movies in the "Die Hard Collection" set):
Desperate Measures
Die Hard Collection
Euro Trip

"Flat" view (still with 3 movies in a "Die Hard Collection" set):
Desperate Measures
Die Hard
Die Hard 2
Die Hard with a Vengeance
Euro Trip

At worst, it could at least be in advancedsettings.xml.

Yes, that would be nice. Sets in the Music Database would be cool, too
Sorttitle does not tie specially in any way into movie sets (they just happened to be introduced around the same time).
For most people 'sort by year' will work just fine within movie sets.

Sorttitle is useful in many other scenarios, as an example it can be used to sort titles that XBMC sorts incorrectly for international users, such as accented characters.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks sho for the history on that tag.

I have updated the trac to include comments regarding the sorttitle tag as they apply to this feature, but for all intents and purposes the patch I submitted does exactly what was outlined in this thread regarding an option to flatten movies into the main list.

I guess from here it is up to the devs to see if it is worth adding into XBMC or not.
no interest from devs to check rob's patch? would love to see this implemented.
literaldeluxe Wrote:It would be nice to have a GUI option to flatten movies in Sets back into the main list (ignore the "Set" tag and eliminate the Set submenus). Using the Die Hard example from http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Movie_Sets, *after* the movies have been put into a Set...

Normal view (with 3 movies in the "Die Hard Collection" set):
Desperate Measures
Die Hard Collection
Euro Trip

"Flat" view (still with 3 movies in a "Die Hard Collection" set):
Desperate Measures
Die Hard
Die Hard 2
Euro Trip

Good Idea. You can see your entire Library without accessing the sets.
A main advantage is that there are users which use the sets tag for sorting other types of genres like cartoon or something else.
With this kind of flat-patch it could be possible to scroll at once through the entire library.
literaldeluxe Wrote:"Flat" view (still with 3 movies in a "Die Hard Collection" set):
Desperate Measures
Die Hard
Die Hard 2
Euro Trip

Vote for that.
Glad to see patch is already cooked Smile

ezechiel1917 Wrote:+1
I would also like an option to not group movies in sets in Movies - Title library node. Mixing sets and normal movie entries looks inconsistent in most of views and/or if you sort movies by runtime/rating etc when sets are included. That's the only thing preventing me using sets now.
+1 Smile

ezechiel1917 Wrote:That's the only thing preventing me using sets now.
+1 Smile
Mempheus: This is already in (after Dharma) , set <flattenmoviesets>true</flattenmoviesets> in advancedsettings.xml Cool
ezechiel1917 Wrote:Mempheus: This is already in (after Dharma) , set <flattenmoviesets>true</flattenmoviesets> in advancedsettings.xml Cool
Thank you for the tip ezechiel1917 Smile
There is such advanced option indeed Smile Found it recently Smile Turned it on Smile
However currently i'm on Dharma... So, looking forward for the next release Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to Flatten Movies in Movie Sets Back Into Main List3