AppleTV 1080p GUI display
Hello folks-

I realize that this questions HAS to have been asked before and I did in fact find a couple of threads on the topic... But the threads were not conclusive.

Question: Can the AppleTV version of XBMC output 1080p (via the resolution settings in the system section of the program) ?

Yes, I realize that decoding 1080p h.264 isn't possible without the Crystal HD card (mine gets here tomorrow according to UPS.com).

I'm just confused as the AppleTV gui is currently set to 1080p, but I only have two options inside of XBMC, 1280x720@60hz and Windowed. I am running a nightly build (that has crystal hd support). (theQ)

@Davilla: Thank you for breathing life into my dormant AppleTV. I am very excited to install the Crystal HD chip tomorrow! Your contributions to the XBMC project are incredible.
NOW: AppleTV+CrystalHD PREVIOUS: HTPC and XBOX (both loudly running XBMC)
drewjacks0n Wrote:Hello folks-

I realize that this questions HAS to have been asked before and I did in fact find a couple of threads on the topic... But the threads were not conclusive.

Question: Can the AppleTV version of XBMC output 1080p (via the resolution settings in the system section of the program) ?

Yes, I realize that decoding 1080p h.264 isn't possible without the Crystal HD card (mine gets here tomorrow according to UPS.com).

I'm just confused as the AppleTV gui is currently set to 1080p, but I only have two options inside of XBMC, 1280x720@60hz and Windowed. I am running a nightly build (that has crystal hd support). (theQ)

@Davilla: Thank you for breathing life into my dormant AppleTV. I am very excited to install the Crystal HD chip tomorrow! Your contributions to the XBMC project are incredible.

Yes the AppleTV can output 1080p display result, No XBMC cannot take advantage of it, there an issue with setting it up properly. At some tiime this issue will get resolved, until then just use 720p, XBMC will scale video content to the display resolution. Unless you are running a 100" display, you will not be able to tell the difference.
In case you have that 100 inch display. Install linux on the atv. I'm using it in 1080p right now.
My appletv (mac os x) works at 1080 50hz
Check out my stationery blog- http://www.tailormadeinvites.co.uk
thanks for the prompt response.

Is there a bug report that I could follow along with and potentially assist with?

This might be off topic for this thread, but I'm curious as to what the issue is and I would love to help out where I can.

thanks again
NOW: AppleTV+CrystalHD PREVIOUS: HTPC and XBOX (both loudly running XBMC)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV 1080p GUI display0