video cards
I don't want a massive debate from ATI or Nvidia fanboys but i have a ATI 4800 in my pc running XBMC at the moment picture quality wise would i gain anything using a Nvidia 9800 GT I have going spare?
some people have reported better nvidia picture in mpchc. but i'm sure there are people who see it the other way. and i'm sure some wouldnt see any difference. it's subjective.

in an A->B test on still frames, maybe, but it takes time to swap a card/drivers ; so you can't really do one unless you have 2 pcs.

seeing as you have both already, why not try it and let us know!

currently, i only buy nvidia, but its from a driver stand point for me (custom resolutions/refresh rates while still being able to do LPCM over hdmi.)
z][ggy;477750 Wrote:I don't want a massive debate from ATI or Nvidia fanboys but i have a ATI 4800 in my pc running XBMC at the moment picture quality wise would i gain anything using a Nvidia 9800 GT I have going spare?

If you're using a digital connection (DVI or HDMI) there's next to no difference in quality. The only knock I have against ATI is their flaky drivers. Most people that I know that have ATI cards with XBMC get strange issues I never see with Nvidia users. If your ATI setup works well and the card is quiet, keep it.

I was recently going to purchase an ATI AIW (mainly for its HDMI port) for a great price but I had to stop once I found out the fan was moderate in noise and the card used ~75W (compared to my fanless 8500GT that uses ~35W). In my case I opted to keep the quieter and cooler card.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
video cards0