Where does xbmc-live get its settings from?
Hi,
I mounted the filesystem.squashfs and rsynced it to a folder, where I had a closer look at it. I changed /etc/hosts and addded the /home/xbmc/.xbmc of a previous installation. I then repacked it as filesystem.squashfs and replaced the old file on the usb stick. After booting xbmc-live from the usb stick, neither .xbmc nor /etc/hosts are the same I added, but seem to be newly created. How can I stop this?
/usr/share/xbmc .. is that what you are looking for?
I copied my altered installation files from /usr/share/xbmc into /usr/share/xbmc of the squash file and also tried the same with the files I found in /home/xbmc/.xbmc but it still would display the menu in english not german (as I had changed it to).
isn't this stuff stored in ext3fs.img in ... /.bootMedia? (i can't remember)
After several tries that did not work out, I erased /usr/share/xbmc and rebuilt the squashfs and still there was a menu and gui, which made me remove the HDD I used for building the squashfs and a xbmc live cd I had missed in the dvd drive. Although the usb stick had its own bootloader and live folder, it seems like it didnt use its filesystem.squashfs, but the one on the cd . . . now this is odd

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where does xbmc-live get its settings from?0