Crystal HD renderering or New SVN - Which one caused menu to disappear?
Well after a little reading I managed to get my Broadcom card installed and functional on my ATV.

I downloaded the latest TheQuestor nightly build late last night and found that I now had a "Crystal" option available for rendering in the video system setup. I selected that as my rendering option and then immediately selected a video to play (it's only a 480 video as I have no high def material on the atv yet) and really just wanted to make sure that videos that used to work would still be OK after selecting the new rendering option.

The first thing I noticed is that when I hit the middle button on my ATV remote it "used to" pop up a menu that had vcr like controls (pause, stop, back, forware, etc.....). Now when I press that button it just pauses video playback and there is no menu that pops up.

Is this a bug in the latest SVN builds or is it something introduced with Crystal rendering?

It was really late so I just went to bed but when I get home the first thing I'll do is turn off crystal rendering and see if I then get my menu. That will narrow it down a little bit.

Darryl
ddale Wrote:Well after a little reading I managed to get my Broadcom card installed and functional on my ATV.

I downloaded the latest TheQuestor nightly build late last night and found that I now had a "Crystal" option available for rendering in the video system setup. I selected that as my rendering option and then immediately selected a video to play (it's only a 480 video as I have no high def material on the atv yet) and really just wanted to make sure that videos that used to work would still be OK after selecting the new rendering option.

The first thing I noticed is that when I hit the middle button on my ATV remote it "used to" pop up a menu that had vcr like controls (pause, stop, back, forware, etc.....). Now when I press that button it just pauses video playback and there is no menu that pops up.

Is this a bug in the latest SVN builds or is it something introduced with Crystal rendering?

It was really late so I just went to bed but when I get home the first thing I'll do is turn off crystal rendering and see if I then get my menu. That will narrow it down a little bit.

Darryl

Hold the button for a couple of seconds
you can hold for several seconds the PLAY or the MENU buttons. both have their contextual menus
@ddale:
I experienced the same phenomenon and figured it is because TheQuestor is using a different/customised version of the keymappings file.

Ofcourse (?!) you made a backup of your userdata so restore the file from there and you're back to the original....
aTV with CrystalHD card

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crystal HD renderering or New SVN - Which one caused menu to disappear?0