Problems with loading turbo_atv_enabler.bin (USB mounting)
I tried installing the crystalHD but found out that it was better to wait for the auto-installers. Now after i tried this i cant get my external HD to work anymore. This is why im posting this, i need the acces from my extern usb back and i will wait for the auto-installers from CrystalHD

I think this has to do because i did domething with the rc.local and turbo_atv_enabler.bin.

I can still install nitotv, but i cant install the smarftinstaller anymore without problems.

Here are my results of my problems:
If i run smart installer then i get error with these lines:

Code:
/etc/rc.local: line 1:/sbin_atv_enabler.bin: Permission denied
/etc/rc.local: line 2:/sbin_atv_enabler.bin: Permission denied
sudo: /sbin/turbo_atv_enabler.bin: command not found
Kextload: unable to register module with kernel
Kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext
and some other, i think unimportant lines.......

I also see a weird thing in the sbin directory:
turbo_atv_enabler.bin is owned by root
turbo_kext_enabler.bin is owned by frontrow (doesnt look right.)

I kinda fucked up, so i should stop messing around on the filesystem on the apple-tv, But can someone give me some help coming out of this mess?

Mike.

ps. when i run this command i can see my usb drive again, but i cant get the auto-linking to work. so now i have to run this line everytime i restart the appletv.
Code:
# rc.local

# enable USB
/sbin/turbo_kext_enabler.bin
/sbin/kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext
use sudo -s to become root, password is frontrow
Riderzzz Wrote:I tried installing the crystalHD but found out that it was better to wait for the auto-installers. Now after i tried this i cant get my external HD to work anymore. This is why im posting this, i need the acces from my extern usb back and i will wait for the auto-installers from CrystalHD

I think this has to do because i did domething with the rc.local and turbo_atv_enabler.bin.

I can still install nitotv, but i cant install the smarftinstaller anymore without problems.

Here are my results of my problems:
If i run smart installer then i get error with these lines:

Code:
/etc/rc.local: line 1:/sbin_atv_enabler.bin: Permission denied
/etc/rc.local: line 2:/sbin_atv_enabler.bin: Permission denied
sudo: /sbin/turbo_atv_enabler.bin: command not found
Kextload: unable to register module with kernel
Kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/BroadcomCrystalHD.kext
and some other, i think unimportant lines.......

I also see a weird thing in the sbin directory:
turbo_atv_enabler.bin is owned by root
turbo_kext_enabler.bin is owned by frontrow (doesnt look right.)

I kinda fucked up, so i should stop messing around on the filesystem on the apple-tv, But can someone give me some help coming out of this mess?

Mike.

ps. when i run this command i can see my usb drive again, but i cant get the auto-linking to work. so now i have to run this line everytime i restart the appletv.
Code:
# rc.local

# enable USB
/sbin/turbo_kext_enabler.bin
/sbin/kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext

turbo_atv_enabler.bin is the new name
turbo_kext_enabler.bin is the old name.

You don't need both.

"/sbin_atv_enabler.bin" is a bogus name. your rc.local is borked.
Oo
davilla Wrote:turbo_atv_enabler.bin is the new name
turbo_kext_enabler.bin is the old name.

You don't need both.

"/sbin_atv_enabler.bin" is a bogus name. your rc.local is borked.

I think i made a typing mistake there, it was the turbo_atv_enabler.

But anyway, im not good in this stuff. if my rc.local would be borked. Is this easy to return to normal state again?

The only thing i would like to receive is a smart installer without fails and that it will detect my usb again. Now i can only do this by making the last command i wrote in my first post.
Riderzzz Wrote:Oo

I think i made a typing mistake there, it was the turbo_atv_enabler.

But anyway, im not good in this stuff. if my rc.local would be borked. Is this easy to return to normal state again?

The only thing i would like to receive is a smart installer without fails and that it will detect my usb again. Now i can only do this by making the last command i wrote in my first post.

delete it, the AppleTV OS does not use it and nito's smart installer will recreate it.
davilla Wrote:delete it, the AppleTV OS does not use it and nito's smart installer will recreate it.

You mean the rc.local i can delete and it will be created again.

I btw fixed it yesterday. I just the nano function to edit the rc.local and i saw that there were indeed some weird entries, deleted the turbo_atv's lines and deleted the _turbo_atv file. Its working again.

Thanks for the help on this one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with loading turbo_atv_enabler.bin (USB mounting)0