Help encoding 7.1 audio
I have been working on a pack that is full of great clips for people HTs. I have a few files that are AVCHD format. They contain 1080p video and 7.1 audio. I havent found ANY programs that are capable of handing 7.1 audio.

I want to convert these files into .mkv without losing ANY video or audio quality.

PLEASE HELP

thanks Smile
Eac3to should be able to losslessly convert the 7.1 audio to FLAC. Which you can then mux into an mkv.
I used a program to break apart the AVCHD file into 2 files...

AC3 audio
x264 video

how can I put those into a .mkv
Download mkvtoolnix and use mkvmerge, just drag and drop the files into and it will generate an mkv from the source material.
Thanks. I tried that before but the problem I was getting was and error by MKVMerge..

"Error, MKVMerge cannot determine the FPS of the video file. MKVMerge assumes 25FPS"

I just looked at the source video and saw it was 23.976 so I changed it manually. Everything seems to work ok now. THANKS!
i have some ac3 video files but to play them i need to switch to analogue from digital in the xbmc viso pplayer other wise sound has no volume . sorry about this but can some one pls tell me if thuis is normal or do i need to do something else to it settings, or dl some codec.

many thanks

markLaugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help encoding 7.1 audio0