mceusb remote
Hi, I am a new user of XBMC and have worked through most of my initial setup problems thanks to this great forum however I am stuck regarding my remote setup. My remote registers as mceusb when keys are pushed but quite a few of my buttons do not work (they register when viewed with the irw command but cause xbmc to do nothing). I have read multiple threads regarding the lirc, keymap and remote xml files and have located them under the directory /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps. I have noted the usbmce entry in the lirc.xml and corresponding commands in the remote.xml. My remote is manufactured by sigg and I have pressed each button while in console (irw command) and have noted the description for each button press all of which are followed by mceusb. The problem I am having is that not all of my buttons work. Do I need to change anything or should this be working out of the box? I am sure I am just missing something obvious. Thanks in advance.
kalhua Wrote:Hi, I am a new user of XBMC and have worked through most of my initial setup problems thanks to this great forum however I am stuck regarding my remote setup. My remote registers as mceusb when keys are pushed but quite a few of my buttons do not work (they register when viewed with the irw command but cause xbmc to do nothing). I have read multiple threads regarding the lirc, keymap and remote xml files and have located them under the directory /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps. I have noted the usbmce entry in the lirc.xml and corresponding commands in the remote.xml. My remote is manufactured by sigg and I have pressed each button while in console (irw command) and have noted the description for each button press all of which are followed by mceusb. The problem I am having is that not all of my buttons work. Do I need to change anything or should this be working out of the box? I am sure I am just missing something obvious. Thanks in advance.

Did you read the sticky at the top of the page? If the keys show up with irw, all you need to do is make mappings for them in your lircmap file with the same tags defined in the keymap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mceusb remote0