Screwed Video using VDPAU
same here, thought it was just me. glad to see it not. waiting for a fix, that i know the devs will sort, we just have to be patient . you guys rock.
I can confirm this bug. Switching from 60 to 24 hz (before video file opens) sometimes fails and results in garbled screen. It seems random, though. Running (base) XBMCLIVE 9.11 / Camelot, svn up a few minutes ago, tried both 190.XX and 195.XX (Beta) nvidia driver packages. Same result.
it is not just related to 60 -> 24 but all also 24 -> 25 / 60, so it seems it just happens when any refresh rate change is triggered by the video. but not all files. i think it has to do with files that do not have the FPS code in the video track just file container.

if i try to play MKV file that has been download the problem happens. but if i play a MKV that i created from my own TV recordings then transcoded use handbreak i don't get the problem.

so it might be the fact that file container is at fault, but it is strange that this just suddenly start to happen in recent build of XBMC.
same problem here, staying on 26018 until this is sorted.
Has anyone filed a bug report? To me this is a serious deal-breaker as 24hz playback (for me) is much smoother on my Samsung TV than 60hz.
i got the same problem, when switching off adjust display refresh rate to match video, the problem is solved.

in svn 26540 the problem is still there.
had the same problem. I reinstalled my nvidia drivers and all is working now...
i tried that already, it didnt help, the stable works very nice.
There is something with automatic refreshrate.
looks like rev 27005 fixed the issue. at least it did not happen again until now.

can anyone confirm this?
I confirm it's fixed in 27006.

Now I need to wait it's commited to pvr-testing2 too and everything's ok.
if your still on 26540, my work around was:

when the movie gets scrambled:
- pause movie
- press tab key (now you see your tv switching hz)
- press tab key agian to go back to movie (now you see your tv switching hz)
- continue the movie its now normal agian
Thanks for posting that it is fixed! I will go back to svn unstable now finally!
I apologize if I am hijacking this thread. I am not sure if my problem is the same as the one that is discussed here. I would like to confirm. I am currently running Camelot 9.11 XBMC Live updated last week on a Acer Revo 1600. I have Mpeg 4 videos that I am trying to play but the video is lagging and the audio is completely off. I first thought that it was my wireless but then I ran the video off a usb stick and the video and audio problem still occurs. I tested the video on my laptop Windows 7 XBMC version and everything works fine.

My guess is the latest XBMC Live disk is having video problems. I have the latest Nvidia 190.53 version.

Your input and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
taichimaster :

probably it does not using VDPAU rendering for playback. Try press O during playback and check what decorer is used.

Regards
Janusz
taichimaster:

Take a look at this thread I started the other day. If this sounds like the issue your having with the live CD, please chime in.. the more people who show that they are affected by this, the higher up the priority list it may become.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=68364

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screwed Video using VDPAU0