XBMC great! But if this could be solved...
Question 
Hi people,

I don't know much about Linux in fact i started 2 days ago using Ubuntu but some things are starting to get clear now but i have a few problems wich i cannot solve by my own so i need your help so here it goes.

My current setup is quite simple and those are all interconnected wich are:

- Logitech z5500 5.1 speakerset
- Asrock 330HT

My Asrock is connected with HDMI to a HD-ready TV. Also the Asrock is connected with an optical cable to the Logitech z5500 5.1 speakerset. And i installed a Full version of Ubuntu (with interface) on the Asrock with XBMC. So far i also installed the Nvidia driver and the LIRC driver 1.0.1. Also i made a few shares so i can distribute files over the Windows home network.

I configured XBMC a bit by enabling VDPAU as a rendering method and i made some other adjustments to fit my needs. But now i've got 2 problems with really bother me because those are 2 problems that really are a pain in the ass if it comes to usability of the whole system. The following problems witch i do have are those discribed underneeth:

1. Remote/resume problem
When i was playing arround with XBMC i encountered a problem with the Remote resume when you are putting the system to sleep. When XBMC is started and i am using the remote to put the system into suspend mode, the remote does not work in XBMC anymore when you wakend up the system with the remote. So far i searched arround and posted a few topics, wich some people guided me to the remote/resume script http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Automatic_li...ume_script

So i logged into Ubuntu as root and copied the script to /etc/pm/sleep.d/ and named it 99lirc-resume.sh and gave it the execute right wich i did with the graphical user interface and i made the user, wich i created when i was installing ubuntu, the owner of the script(because XBMC executes under that user) And i also gave the script a group in wich the user was located. Also i installed curl under root. After this i restarted the Asrock 330HT to XBMC and putted the system in suspend mode with the remote. When i wakend up the system, with the remote, it loaded to XBMC and the remote did not work. So i shut down XBMC and went back to the graphical user interface of Ubuntu to view my suspend log.

When i opened the suspend log trough the GUI of Ubuntu i found out that the 99lirc-resume.sh script wasn't executed at all nor it gave me any errors in to log. So heres the problem my script is not being executed when the system is going into suspend mode. So does anyone know what i did wrong or does anyone know what i can do to make that script execute when the system goes into suspend mode?

2. Sound over Optical not working
So here is my second problem wich is that the sound over optical is not working the way it should.

When the system starts it loads XBMC and it all starts up quite nicely. I got a few settings configured into XBMC wich are:

Digital output
- AC3 compatible
- DTS compatible

Soundouput device

Transfer soundoutput
- iec958

When i play a movie the sound works fine. But when i want to play music trough XBMC it does not play.

So those are the 2 things that need to be solved. If someone could help me out with this it would be great! Please feel free to comment. Thanks already!

Greetz,
FjerpjeHuh
Try this:

2. Soundoutput device
- iec958

/Edit
Are all iec958 devices in alsamixer unmuted?
BurningSky Wrote:Try this:

2. Soundoutput device
- iec958

/Edit
Are all iec958 devices in alsamixer unmuted?

I really dont know anything about Linux i even don't know what alsamixer is could you please tell me how to get there?

Oke, never mind that i found howto get there and unmute everything ill give it a try in the morning hopefully it works... But i'm still having that script issue i still don't know how i can let that script execute itself.
run the following, when your remote is working..

Code:
$ lsmod |grep lirc

paste the output, i assume it will be something similar to the following

Code:
lirc_wb677             28328  1
lirc_dev               10804  3 lirc_wb677

With your ASrock , lirc_wb677 is the kernel module that is installed for your remote, 28328 is the module size, and 1 is the number of processes using that module (after resume this will probably be 0)..

I have the same issue, but will modify the script a little bit , and post it here once it's working 100%
jw76 Wrote:run the following, when your remote is working..

Code:
$ lsmod |grep lirc

Code:

With your ASrock , lirc_wb677 is the kernel module that is installed for your remote, 28328 is the module size, and 1 is the number of processes using that module (after resume this will probably be 0)..

I have the same issue, but will modify the script a little bit , and post it here once it's working 100%

Yes you are absolutly right i've noticed that you did solved it in an earlier post. I'll bet allot people are waiting for that code. I would be really thankfull if you would explain how you got it work.

Thanks allot man!

Greetz,
Fjerpje
jw76 Wrote:run the following, when your remote is working..

Code:
$ lsmod |grep lirc

Code:

You're right after the suspend the values are changed to 0 and 1
Did anyone managed to do this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC great! But if this could be solved...0