Xbmc as session, auto boot
Hi

I followed this guide for installing xbmc in ubuntu 9.10

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_insta...Step_Guide

however, i cant understand this;

By following these instructions, your system will boot directly into XBMC rather than your desktop from now on. It is advised that you delay this step until XBMC is setup as you'd like it.

* From the desktop click System -> Administration -> Login Window
* From the "Security" tab choose "Enable Automatic Login" and select your username.
* Click "OK" to exit.
* Logout of your system.
* From the Login screen choose "Select Session"
* Choose "XBMC" and click "Change Session"

I got nothing called login window, just login screen, i have automatic login, i cant choose xbmc as a session, just gnome, and gnome failsafe etc. i need help
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
henrikyo Wrote:Hi

I followed this guide for installing xbmc in ubuntu 9.10

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_insta...Step_Guide

however, i cant understand this;

By following these instructions, your system will boot directly into XBMC rather than your desktop from now on. It is advised that you delay this step until XBMC is setup as you'd like it.

* From the desktop click System -> Administration -> Login Window
* From the "Security" tab choose "Enable Automatic Login" and select your username.
* Click "OK" to exit.
* Logout of your system.
* From the Login screen choose "Select Session"
* Choose "XBMC" and click "Change Session"

I got nothing called login window, just login screen, i have automatic login, i cant choose xbmc as a session, just gnome, and gnome failsafe etc. i need help

You must boot into gnome. And than select "system > Management > Synaptic packetmanagement" and search for "xbmc". Then scroll down untill you see "XBMC standalone" mark the package and install it. After this you'll have to logout and select "XBMC" from the sessions.
thanks mate, worked beautiful Smile
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc as session, auto boot0