Adding "Play DVD" menu option
Hi,

I'm a long time user of XBMC on the XBOX, and have just taken the time to upgrade to the latest T3CH version. I've installed the Confluence skin, and I'm liking it very much, but my wife is complaining that there's no "Play DVD" option in the main menu like the MediaStream skin we used before.

I showed her the play icon in the bottom-left which was met with grumbles, and I pointed out that the DVD should autoplay anyway, but is there a reasonably quick way to add this option to the menu in order to placate her?

Cheers,
Bod.
I agree, there is room for the play DVD option, why is is not on the main menu? for that matter how do you add a method to play DVD from the video menu (what I use the most)
[quote=jplatt] .... why is is not on the main menu? ....QUOTE]

Because its here

Yes, I'm aware that it's there, but on a smaller screen its not really that obvious.
Its there, I just don't think its very well placed, its hidden over next to shutdown. Nor is it entirely clear what it does. I think Confluence is an awesome skin, probably the best yet. Some better DVD support on the home screen would be cool.
Ah. That's funny. I always wondered what that button does ... now I know.

But that is a good question. How does one add a new Main Menu item? I want to add a link to a smart playlist "Kid Shows" and customize the TV Shows link to show all non-children related shows.

Edit:
Ok. After some playing around with smart playlists and editing of the home.xml file, I was able to add a new submenu off the main Video menu called "Kid Shows" as well as new main menu item with the same name. I also re-purposed the TV Shows main menu to reference only non-children shows. Seems to works pretty well. Now I can add a plethora of children show to the TV library for my kids without the episodes showing themselves in the main TV Show listings Smile

I'm sure a Play DVD main menu item could be added just as easily (by editing the home.xml file).
kneufeld Wrote:Edit:
Ok. After some playing around with smart playlists and editing of the home.xml file, I was able to add a new submenu off the main Video menu called "Kid Shows" as well as new main menu item with the same name. I also re-purposed the TV Shows main menu to reference only non-children shows. Seems to works pretty well. Now I can add a plethora of children show to the TV library for my kids without the episodes showing themselves in the main TV Show listings Smile

could you elaborate a bit, how did you do this? Big Grin

I need to do this exact same thing, add a Kids Movie Listing and a Kids TV listing, so the kids will only see kid friendly content, then the same for me... R rated movies, etc...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding "Play DVD" menu option0