[AppleTV] Video Calibration lost after switching to HDMI and back to component on ATV
Hi there,

I am using XBMC 9.11 on an Apple TV connected to a projector via component out. I adjusted the default output in XBMC's Video calibration to reduce the overscan a bit, and everything's been fine (great work, folks!!).

I just experimented with hooking up a small LCD panel to the ATV so I could quickly browse my music library without having to turn on the projector every time. The LCD is a computer monitor with DVI input, which I hooked up to the ATV with an HDMI/DVI cable.

When I hook up the HDMI cable while running the ATV menu (Finder), the projector (component out) goes blank, which is standard behavior for the ATV.

If I then start XBMC (using the HDMI out) I can use it on the LCD fine (no video calibration even required).

However, if I exit XBMC, back to the ATV menu, unplug the HDMI so it switches back to component out, and then restart XBMC, my previous video calibration for the projector is lost, and I need to redo it.

Rebooting the ATV and restarting XBMC does not retrieve the previous calibration settings, either. They seem to have vanished in the process of switching to the HDMI output and back.

IIRC the projector is set to 576p and the LCD to 480p.

My goal is to connect the LCD via a simple HDMI switch box, so that I can push a button to disconnect and disable the HDMI output and the ATV will switch back to component (and vice versa to reconnect and activate the LCD). However, having to redo the calibration every time I switch is a hassle.

Is there any way to have the video calibration survive this switching of outputs? Perhaps a way to "freeze" the calibration for a given output resolution?

Thanks for any pointers!
Update: posted xbmc.log at http://pastebin.com/m45e92744

XBMC was installed by Launcher 3.2.1.

Any other relevant details required, I'll be happy to post.
Anybody, any thoughts on this please? Any pointers as to where I could investigate?

I'm running 9.11 with the Confluence skin, but I saw people mentioning a beta version with a Camelot skin, is that more recent, and if so, how to install it? (using Launcher just re-downloads the 9.11 I already have).

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Video Calibration lost after switching to HDMI and back to component on ATV0